Howdens Worktops

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Jonny Round Boy, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Jonny Round Boy

Jonny Round Boy New Member

Anyone know who makes the laminate worktops for Howdens/MFI? Are they any good?

I've got a potential customer who's seen a worktop in MFI that they like (beech block effect). I can source it from Howdens, but their prices seem a bit steep - just shy of £90 inc VAT for just 3m length. Seems like Axiom may be a better deal - £100 for 4m. If the quality isn't that hot I may as well get a B&Q one for just 40 quid.

Just want to know if I'm comparing like with like.
  2. Stretch

Stretch New Member

I've never had any problems with Howdens worktops Jonny and seeing as Howdens supply MFI stuff wouldn't it be better to give the customer what they want?

Don't touch any of that Wilsonart rubbish that B&Q sell youl be back to replace it in a year.
  3. JMH

JMH New Member

£90 for howdens worktops, ther're trying to lift you leg,start haggling, I only pay £45+vat for them. Quality ok.
    If you want better quality find your local supplier for Omega & Oddessy worktops, there's several shades of woodblock style worktops and also have microban protection built in, I pay £75+vat for 3m & ££95+vat for 4.1m lengths (delivered) from my local timber merchant, you should also be able to get through your local Jewsons.
  4. DrDeAtH

DrDeAtH New Member

never had a problem with howdens worktops. quality is ok.... admittedly there are better ones out there.. but the price is right. never had a bowed one yet....