HSE's gas-related prosecutions from January to February 2015

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Welshdragon1, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

HSE gas-related press releases
    Here are the details of HSE's gas-related prosecutions from January to February 2015

Guilty: A Surrey trader fitted a boiler in Staffordshire while not registered - a number of faults were subsequently found resulting in the boiler being classified as immediately dangerous.

Guilty: A Wiltshire fitter illegally carried out dangerous gas work at a number of properties in Swindon.

Guilty: A London landlord illegally carried out gas work himself putting a family at risk.

Guilty: A Devon gas fitter serviced a boiler illegally - it was subsequently found to be immediately dangerous.

Guilty: A Staffordshire gas engineer failed to identify defects on a boiler which left a family with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Guilty: Two Essex plumbers put lives at risk at a hotel in Sawbridgeworth.

Guilty: Two Cornwall landlords put a family at risk by failing to have a gas boiler serviced and checked.

Guilty: A national energy services company's failings led to the death of a pensioner when her gas boiler's flue was blocked by cavity wall insulation material.

Guilty: A Greater Manchester loft-conversion company put a pregnant woman and her husband at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning when their work on a neighbouring property blocked a flue.

2. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Interesting that these are not people that just flouted the regulations but actually caught after doing unsafe work.It seems all you get on average is a fine around £2500, probably about the profit they make on a couple of installations. So where is the deterrent to anyone carrying out work without qualifications?

3. Welshdragon1

Near enough to my thoughts tbh TB

Where is the prisonable offenses, to those that literally put lives at risk ??

A Judge may call it manslaughter, when it kills someone, however I say it is premeditated murder, as they knowingly should never mess with Gas installations.

teabreak likes this.
  4. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

Guilty pb [​IMG] One of his better installs

plumber-boy likes this.
  5. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

You've stolen my portfolio again flats.:):)

6. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

I love the carpet seems to be in at least 4 bits!

plumber-boy likes this.
  7. plumber-boy

They were in one piece teabreak but flats had to run a cable under the floor and out came the Stanley knife, you know what an animal he is.:p

8. Welshdragon1

Looks like he followed a rule, as the cuts loot relatively straight from here unless I need also to go to specsavers :)

9. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Reminds me of when I first got my tools, the Foreman was calling in on my jobs every day. Fair enough I guess but as a young lad I got a bit ****** off with it.
    I had a 3/8 steel supply to run to a fireplace so I lifted the carpet screwed the lengths of pipe together with elbows and a fire set on the end and laid the carpet back over it, his face was a picture when he came in and I told him the customer didn't want his floor boards taken up or damaged! Glad to say the visits tailed off then:D

Welshdragon1 and plumber-boy like this.
  10. plumber-boy

You need to make an appointment WD.:)

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  11. Welshdragon1

Cheer for that, I'll phone them 1st thing int morning :)

Wondered why others said my levels are out [​IMG]

plumber-boy likes this.
  12. plumber-boy

Oh yeah, and you need to stop drinking on the job:D

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  13. Welshdragon1

Got to have a drop of Brandy or JD in my flask to keep me warm in the winter ;)

14. plumber-boy

Bet you still say that in the summer, no means no.:confused:

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  15. Welshdragon1

Did you say that to Flats, when he got the knife out & cut your carpet ?? ;)

16. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

WD you really need to find yourself a woman. And wash your knob it must stink :D

17. Welshdragon1

I always polish my knob, can't you see

[​IMG]