I hate DIY with a passion !!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by TheHappyOne, Nov 19, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Lol, watching F1 now

2. winterdiy

winterdiy Member

I like diy. Gives me a sense of achievement and always a boost when some tradesman can't tell if it was done by a professional or yours truly. But I don't like having to move other family members "stuff" out of the way to make way for my diy.

KIAB likes this.
  3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Wife says i am a perfectionist when DIYing! If a job is worth doing then do it well i say.

Joe95, KIAB and Rulland like this.
  4. winterdiy

winterdiy Member

Couldn't agree more koolpc, and you have a great role-model there in Gru lol

5. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I used to get a bit annoyed at DIY since I just wanted to finish the job and when in the middle of a job, I could never see the end of it.

Now that I'm older and wiser, I know what steps are required to finish a job and can see that with each step, I am one step closer and another thing I no longer need to do. I also accept that everything takes about 4 times as long as I originally thought!

Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

winterdiy, koolpc and Joe95 like this.
  6. woodytee

woodytee New Member

It will be very hard at first.But then the more you try start doing things on your own then it will be a lot easier later on.I nearly gave up trying after the first few months of DIY but then I realized that I was learning more and being less dependent.Though I do consult professionals now and then if the repair work is beyond me.

KIAB likes this.
  7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

At least you have the sense to call someone in, if the job is beyond you, sadly many others don't & others then have to sort out the mess.
    And electrics & plumbing are probably top of the list.

8. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

DIY is a lot easier now - youtube vids for just about everything. Been making things and using tools since I was 8-9 (now 57) - started with balsa aircraft models (rubber powered then diesel and glowplug control line) covered in tissue paper and painted with "dope" - who's old enough to remember doing that? - good practice for handling wood, knives, sandpaper, drills etc. Now I'll have a go at anything except gas/central heating and the electrical things I am not allowed to do. I also don't particularly like ladders, so don't do roofing, and can do, but hate painting so my projects sometimes get 98% complete with just "the skirtings left to paint" :D

KIAB likes this.
  9. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

^^^^^^^^^^

I hate painting too

10. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

I might like painting, since it will mean 95% of the hard work is done!

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I hate the 'cutting in' bit

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Easy. one thing I enjoy doing.:)

But, you need to use a quailty brush.

13. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Yea, i know how to cut in but hate it, lol.