I need help please

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by Mark8828, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Mark8828

Mark8828 New Member

Hi everyone , I'm having my two storey extension plasterboarded and my builder had dabbed the whole down staires with brown paper side showing on plasterboard on the lot as this is what he's always done apparently (no other problems with him and highly recommended) but my plasterer has said it's better to plaster on white side and that will be fine as long as joints are taped. Just a bit concerned as conflicting info , anyone else experience of plastering on brown side?

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

hi, If you are plastering the whole walls then it make no difference which side you use, the white side is smoother so if you were just taping the joints and then painting the board directly it would be best white side out.

3. BLUEJACKET

BLUEJACKET Active Member

Does the board not say white side only?

4. Mark8828

Mark8828 New Member

No I bought siniat boards from huws gray and it says nothing about which way either side , their website said either way

5. I dont know why he would do that? Makes no difference though the paper is only there to hold the shape of the board so will be ok

plasterer doncaster