Ideas for terrible Fascia

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by John Hepburn, Sep 15, 2016.

1. John Hepburn

John Hepburn Member

So were following on from another builder who screwed up the heights of a extension. The result of this is almost like two huge fascias. How could this be broken up?
    It looks terrible!

Attached Files:

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Rainwater hopper look bad aswell, exiting above the middle of what I presume is a window.

As for the double fascia I presume the roof is a warm roof spec, this always looks deep, though looking at yours, it looks like the Windows could be higher eliminating the lower fascia.

3. Simon74

Simon74 Member

Can't you remove the lower fascia, or are all the windows ordered?

4. John Hepburn

John Hepburn Member

There is a steel head going through unfortunately. And no its not a warm roof. It is just a bad design, that unless a lot more money is spent has to stay as it is :(

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You could paint the lower fascia with the correct primer first to match the existing colour as seen on the property wall, this would give the illusion of reducing the fascia depth.

6. Simon74

Simon74 Member

What about replacing it with render carrying board, render it and paint to match house?

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I would lower your eyes and watch out for the problems at ground level and at the side of the extension

upload_2016-9-15_21-0-38.png

8. Phil the Paver

The bottom step to patio area is not level either, that or the rest are pi$$ed.

KIAB likes this.
  9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

You mean the "Gaudi" look

upload_2016-9-15_21-16-24.png

10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

No disrespect to the homeowner, but with the picture there are so many issues - instead of "spot the ball" it should be "spot the ball**k"

11. Phil the Paver

Maybe it's " Spot the good part" :D:D:D:D

12. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Could clad it with some suitably coloured timber feather-edge.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

13. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

There is about a dozen faults /issues - excluding picky things like the cement being stored on the ground and the comical bit of trunking on the first fix socket.

14. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

:eek::D:eek::D

15. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Looks like they already got the downpipe out the other side. Lovely view!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

16. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

17. John Hepburn

John Hepburn Member

Im only doing the carpentry work but the builders ik doing it for are sooooo bad. Done studwork at a new build and the block wall was 80mm out of square! Had to square it off with another stud wall otherwise you would see it in the tiles. The steel frame on this job is 20mm out of upright over a 1200 level and the windows were measured to the latgest point haha
    I was thinking zinc. Not really my personal job but it makes me feel bad when following on from monkeys

18. I suspect that Astra's and possibly Simon's (if needed) solutions are the only really practical ones without going to unreasonable expense. Ie - paint the lower fascia the house colour.

It should be possible to tell what this would look like with a bit of photo-shopping? At least once the windows are in.

19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Total carp!:eek:

20. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Is there a design reason why the roof was framed this way ?

View attachment 13622

Attached Files: