Identifying manufacturer from Logo

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by DIYDave., Jan 30, 2017.

1. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Hi all
    Trying to source some new control knobs for a friends halogen hob. No manufacturers name on the glass plate, just a logo

Realise that more than likely there will be make/model/serial details underneath the hob but, that means taking hob out from worktop or removing oven from below

Trying to avoid this at this stage so a ID of the logo would help immensely, if anyone has a scooby do.......please shout

Thanks as ever guys and girls :)

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Ha ha sorry, posting a pic of the logo may help ........ cream crackered today !

Attached Files:

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Going to have to have a look on the underside of the hob, only way I reckon.

4. Blimey, ain't got a clue.

It looks like a 'G' with a dot in t'middle? Is it a G when the right way up?

Had a quick look through Appliances Direct to see if they have any manufacturers with names starting with G, but gorenje it ain't...

5. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Thanks guys for your thoughts
    If I have to take oven out or hob then I will, just a favour for a family friend. Will also replace that horrible sili along the edge at same time

Yep DA, that's what I thought, a capital G with a dot in middle. Logo or hob is right way round as in photo, wall at back and controls on the right

Had a look on eSpares site as that's where I usually get my spares from. They show several manufacturers begining with a G but no logos like that !

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't even recognise it, & I have a good memory.:(

upload_2017-1-30_22-10-31.jpeg

upload_2017-1-30_22-10-8.jpeg

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Try Google Goggles, it may come up with something.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  8. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Any idea where kitchen came from? Was it installed with kitchen.?

Had a similar problem identifying a free standing range cooker in a renter a while back...complete PITA!

9. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Thanks to all for your input and thoughts but I've also drawn a blank at this stage;

Kiab - a good memory indeed and an excellent selection of catelogues and links

Chips - yep my son suggested the google logo search but even that didn't work- great shout though thanks

CGN - hob was already fitted when they moved in and of course, no user manual or installation

Next time I pop over will just slide out electric oven and take a peak under hob. Should be a label there with some details ....... should :D

chippie244 likes this.
  10. This is the most suspenseful thread ever :D

CGN likes this.
  11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Nah, that one about bringing back hanging was. :D:D:D:D:D:D

CGN likes this.
  12. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Posting a pic of the knobs may respond in better results.

13. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Thanks for your continued interest in the matter DA

All will be revealed just as soon as I can get back over to the house (family friend)

Whip out the oven and then hopefully reveal the ID

In the meantime, keep wearing the suspenders ......:D

14. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

You want a picture of my knob then.......:eek:

Ok then........ be prepared....... take a deep breath...... stand back........be ready to be astonished .......... possibly even amazed .......... will even let you take a picture for your own collection .......

KIAB likes this.
  15. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Knob ......

Attached Files:

16. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

There is a simple solution...replace all the knobs! :)

KIAB likes this.
  17. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

We keep trying that every 5 or so years,,,,, but the same lot get voted back in. :D:D:D:D:D

CGN likes this.
  18. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

19. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

That's actually a great idea Phil, yep standard fitting I recon, one flat side with a spring clip in the knob

Will take a look
    Cheers