If it's what Izzard wants,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

what's his connection with Scotland, other than massively benefiting from our oil ?

does he have a holiday home here ?

alternative views are available http://www.yesscotland.net/

2. Gluuuurp.

Sorry - had a quick look and nearly gagged.

3. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

''english'' bloke - english parents, born in Aden (that's not in Scotland), moved to Northern Ireland, then to Wales - public school in Eastbourne, wears really badly colour matched lippy - his Scottish connection is ?

4. Eh? Oh, I see - you can only have an opinion on the union if you're Scots?

Izzard is just a fab bloke - end of.

And when I compare the types of supporters the 'Yes' campaign has, especially those in the SNP, then the answer is really quite simple.

Gagged? Sorry - I meant nearly puked.

I'll tell ye, son - I have fought the Nats on the streets and dark alleyways of Stornoway. Er, fought politically, I mean. Almost to a man they are nasty, small-minded, chippy, fragile-ego'd arrisols.

They attract the thugs and yobs.

5. I am not biased :rolleyes:.

Or opinionated.

6. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

there's plenty of folks who also hate the SNP, good decent hard working folks who simply want to be masters of their own domain who will also be ticking the Yes box

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, your a bit like me. Obviously been awa too lang fae the hame country. Personally I have almost nae interest in what way the vote gaun's as I canny see it affecting me either way. Been doon here 48 yrs, speak with a local accent except when I'm speaking with ma family. incidentally, I have a younger sister who was born in Nottingham and speaks wi a Scots accent all the time. (though she's technically English)
    FWIW, when I was first married, I took my wife on holiday up to my hame toon.(1981) One evening , sitting in a pub, we were talking quietly between ourselves. I went up to the bar to order another drink and some lad asked me if I was "English". I replied in a broad Scots accent that I most certainly wasn't.. "Is SHE English?" came his reply. I affirmed that she was indeed English (and was my wife). What came next has tainted my view of my fellow countrymen to this day... "Get her oot o this pub noo, afore she's carried oot in an ambulance, ya English lovin b******d." "An tek yerself anaw." We left rather quickly after that.

Needless to say, we never holidayed back there again, much preferring Costa Del Skeg and Yorkshire..
    It's a fair bet that that same lad will be voting YES in September. ;);)

PS , The only connection I can see between Eddy Izzard and Scotland, is his penchant for wearing skirts. :p:p:p:p:p:p

8. Where's yer home town, JJ? You really let one deeply inadequate SNP-supporter (that's a guess, of course, but one I'd bet lots of money on) affect your judgement of your home country?

Pah.

Believe me, I love the old country, especially the West Coast - a more awesome place you would struggle to find. Apart from the gnats and nats.

9. proby

proby Active Member

If it's a yes vote dose that mean no scots will be able to cross the border to work as they won't be in the common market so no free movement of labour.

10. joinerjohn1

DA, my hame toon is in East Lothian, about ten miles East of Edinburgh (clue there was a famous battle there in 1745) Nah, I have noticed this anti English feeling many times before then. The lad was one of these unemployed, always in the pub type (not that I'm stereotypifying) A complete ar*e of the highest order, but there are lots of Scots with similar attitudes. Believe me, when you meet people like that, it doesn't make you feel very proud of your roots. ;);)

11. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

wot ye mean they don't like us southerners :eek::eek:

12. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

tis nowt to do with the SNP or the Scots you'll get anti-social fools every - last time I was down near you JJ I was taken to a carvery type place in Long Eaton, there were a few yoofs who took a dislike to my mate and offered him outside simply on the basis that he wasn't round those parts - true, but he only lived about 7 miles away and was born in Ashbourne

13. Pffft. My wife is English and the last time I took her 'home' to the Isle, everyone said "Hello".

14. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

He's a Gae licked wit.

15. Mr. Handyandy

Sorry, Gaelic twit.

16. Ghaidhlig twit, I think you meant.

With a thingie.

I bet you pronounced it wrong too...

17. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

phew :oops:, I thought he meant a gay dic lik twit :rolleyes: :(

18. Mr. Handyandy

nope

19. joinerjohn1

Sean, I know what the Long Eaton lads are like, they dunna even like lads from Sandiacre (and that's within walking distance) :D:D:D:D:D

(mind you, the last time a tornado (a mile wide) hit Long Eaton, it caused £3.52p worth of damage)