In or Out (who cares it's ESC 2016)!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Crowsfoot, May 8, 2016.

?

Where will the UK finish

1. Winners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Top 10 finish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Last

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Hard to believe that this time next week we will know the result of 2016 ESC.
    Here's the UK entry

2. Crowsfoot

You can listen to the songs on this link as well as you tube http://www.eurovision.tv/page/stockholm-2016/all-participants

UK entry sounds to me like a one direction cast off (which may be a good thing).
    Could the forthcoming referendum on the EU gain the UK votes
    (I can sense a top 10 finish this year)?

Tappy,

3. I suspect the same, Crows - there will be some attempt to placate the UK :).

So that's what the whole Brexit issue is really about - winning Eurovision? :eek:

Hey, whatever it takes... :rolleyes:

4. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

Dear old Sir Terry had the right attitude.

teabreak likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot

Ken Bruce is the closest thing to our Tel and he does the commentary on radio 2.
    TIP.. Mute the sound on your TV tune your radio into radio 2 to listen to Kens live commentary on Radio 2.

6. KBJ

KBJ Active Member

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  7. Crowsfoot

Europe may not like the UKs music devs, but they do like our £££££££

Sweden are heavily fancied to win this year (I must say It's a better song than ours)

8. Crowsfoot

Croatia's entry is a song I really like

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

We'll proberly win this year as a bribe for IN votes.

Would be funny if we did and then vote OUT, would we still be expected to hold it next year.

Why do most acts sing in English, when its the Eurovision song contest, surely you should sing in your own language to represent your country.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. Stop it, Crows... :rolleyes:

Europe likes out money - just like we like Europe's. It works both ways. We all contribute. So stop it, you.

But, yes, what Europe and the rest of the world really really do like, is our music.

No, I don't mean Eurovision entries, but our whole history of rock, baby... :)

11. KBJ! You're Kevin?!

Man - I'm impressed :D

A geeeennooooiiinnnee 'TOG'!

KBJ likes this.
  12. Crowsfoot

You don't have to be in the common market to be in Eurovision Phil (or even in Europe).

I have to agree with you about the language, countries should sing in their own tongue.
    Used to be a ruling years ago, it was removed, nowadays most of the countries chose to sing in English (I guess because it's widely understood across the world).

I was disappointed when the orchestra was taken away and the artists allowed to sing to a backing track.

I guess time moves on and almost every song these days have some form of electrical music in the backing.
    Nonetheless it would be great to bring back a live orchestra for a one off special.
    Tappy,

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Beats 'train spotting' I suppose.:p

14. Not my taste in music at all at all, but it is 'catchy'. They've even managed to get hints of C'Play and even - lawd help me - U2 in there (the faster beat part with rhythm geetarrrr).

Covers all bases, I guess...

15. Crowsfoot

The French guy who first thought of a ESC noticed how different people would comment on songs "I like this one" or "I don't like that one" and thought what a good idea it would be to have a song contest were people could vote for the song that they like the best and from this small beginning the whole idea just grew until what it is today.

So Devs your post above captures the very essence of what Eurovision is all about.

Someone in an earlier posting mentioned that they liked this years song from Greece, I haven't heard it myself but again a poster giving his or her opion on a tune is what the ESC is all about.
    Tappy,

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  16. Crowsfoot

Yeah, somewhere between that and clipping one's toe nails in the bath :) !

17. Blimey - let's hope Greece doesn't win.

They can't afford to... :(

18. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

But that wouldn't be the EU fault would it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, how in touch with your feminine side do you feel? :p:p

20. (I imagine Crows looking a bit like Chippie, wields a mighty spanner, cusses like a trooper, cuts copper pipe with his teeth - and comes on to this forum to 'express' himself.)