Insomnia

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by wiggy, Jan 29, 2017.

1. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Any of you lads suffer from insomnia, I have noticed some posts going on in the wee small hours on here.

I tend to get about half an hour and then wake up and lay there for ages trying to get back to sleep.

The other morning I woke at 4.30. (not bad) I laid there for about an hour and then got up.

Made coffee, wetabix, toast, turned the computer on, it was only 1.30 noooooo I must have dreamt it was 4.30. Back to bed after breakfast.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Hot choccy better than coffee at night, as Caffeine can keep you awake.

3. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I wouldn't normally drink coffee after about 7 but I thought it was getting up time

4. Getting up in t'middle of t'night is quite forgiveable.

Actually having breakie thinking it was 8 am is a different level of confusion :)

Deleted member 164349 and Joe95 like this.
  5. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Just as well I am not doing a lot at the moment

Joe95 and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  6. You don't do what I do a lot these days - have a big evening meal, slump in front of the tele and t'fire, and - fall asleep...?

wiggy likes this.
  7. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I try not too, getting to bed 10/11, half hours kip and wide awake, getting a to be a pain now.

8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Bottle of whiskey every night should sort it! :D:D

Then join alcoholics anonymous in six months...

Seriously though, a small glass of whiskey can really help sleeping:).

FatHands and wiggy like this.
  9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Room too warm, room to bright from street lights, so many things it could be.

10. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I can't even sniff a lager these days without feeling like death the next day. I wouldn't even try and get out of bed if I hit the whiskey

KIAB likes this.
  11. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I blame trump and brexit

12. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I had it about 7 years ago. I went and saw a GP because the missus was complaining I kept waking her up.
    The changes I made was to not to have a smoke right before bed, start eating dinner at a set time and not have anything with caffeine from lunch onwards. I was fine after a week.

Quit smoking a few years ago and that made a massive difference to how well I slept.

13. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I feel your pain wiggy I reckon I get max 4 hours a night I get home late most days and takes me ages to unwind when I g OK to bed my brain thinking of work I put tv on to help unwind

wiggy likes this.
  14. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I gave up smoking about 4 months ago, maybe I should get some hash brownies for a snack before bed

15. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Sometimes I read one of D A'S long posts that puts to me sleep half way through

CGN, koolpc, wiggy and 3 others like this.
  16. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Good on you for quitting mate, best thing I did in a long time.

And good luck to you if you smoke some gear before bed, how well they'll work I don't know:D:D

17. Joe and Wiggs were smokers?!!! :eek:

Coooool - well done for giving up :D

Now, Wiggs, you chust need a good book - that'll knock you right out.

I heartily recommend "A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryson. Utterly sublime. Or, "At Home" by the same wonderful cove.

They are utterly engrossing and compelling. You will be amazed, learn lots - and then fall asleep. And forget it all by morn...

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. That happens to you too?! :eek:

Sparkielev and Joe95 like this.
  20. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Wiggy........reading?

Yeah bloody right!