install a double socket and lights in the garden

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by sbatjaa, Jan 27, 2015.

1. sbatjaa

sbatjaa New Member

hi,

I am trying to install a double socket (for a pond pump) and some lights in the garden. I am thinking to get a RCD spur from one of the sockets in house and get it outside through an armored cable for my double sockets. Also trying to create another spur for some lighting.
    I've got some good knowledge about electricity (have wired my entire house), however this mini project is new to me so i would appreciate some expert advise if I am on the right track.
    1. First can I create an RCD spur from an existing indoor socket?
    2. what type of armored cable i would need for the outside double socket
    3. can i create another 3 amp spur from the outside sockets for lightings?
    I would appreciate some comments.

Many thanks,
    B

2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Mate there are some real giveaways that you really don't know what's going on with lectrics let alone re-wiring a house. Why don't you just be a bit more honest about what your trying to achieve?

3. sbatjaa

sbatjaa New Member

Coloumb just trying to bring some electricity into the garden and that is what i planned to do? Just need some expert advise if I am on the right track ....

4. sparky Si-Fi

sparky Si-Fi Screwfix Select

Notifyable???

5. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

Only if it's a "new circuit" these days!

6. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Unless you are in Wales. Still notifiable here.

7. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Can you 'create' an RCD spur from an indoor socket? That would take a lot of ingenuity and a dexterous hand, coupled with a flair for sculpting. Far easier to buy one. :p