Installing wood burner

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by h22221, Oct 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. h22221

h22221 New Member

Hi All

I am going to get a wood burner installed and I have lots of different opinions so far...all from hetas engineers!

Basically I had an old gas fire taken out, its a precast concrete flue and gather which I can get a 5'' liner down. it has a chimney stack extending above ridge height.

The opening is flush with the wall (external stack) but not small enough to have a recessed fire. The opening is 150mm off centre in the room (annoying or what!) so it doesn't look right as there are wall lights.

So my idea is to have the burner in the room which will be central in the room, so 150mm offset infront of the opening. The burner will have a rear exit flue, but then I am a bit stuck....

Can I use a T connector with a sweep hatch at bottom, then just connect the flex liner to that, which will in essence be 2 45 degree bends to get it over to the top of the T connector from back of stove?

The obviously fire boarding the opening and register plate etc, so is it OK to have the flex liner directly connected to a T or 45 degree bend (with access door) coming out from the rear of the stove? and is it OK to have say 200-300mm of flex liner showing below the register plate? You won't be able to see it as the stove will cover all of the opening....

Basic drawing of what I am thinking.....

http://tinypic.com/r/2my0rh4/8

Thanks for looking.

2. h22221

h22221 New Member