Insurance Claim

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ryluer, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

BiL runs a taxi business and he was telling me one of his drivers touched the tow bar of a Suzuki jeep.
    The damage to his taxi was a cracked number plate. So as he touched the other vehicle from behind he obviously paid the few quid for a new number plate.
    No visible damage on the Jeep.

The dude who ever they were/are claimed £1800 of his insurance for damage to the towbar and another £1200 for alledged whip lash.

o_Oo_O
    Funny ole world innit?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Pays to have a dash cam today, got one myself, it has saved me on several occasions from similar incidents & being screwed for insurance..

3. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

Pays to have one of these.:) COLT_BUMPER_CAR_PICS_2.jpg

Gatt, FatHands and Welshdragon1 like this.
  4. Welshdragon1

Welshdragon1 Active Member

I see PB is prepared for the rush hour traffic ;) ;)

5. No, it isn't a funny old world, Ry.

What it is is a generally pretty nice world filled with generally pretty nice people - and a relatively small number of complete toerags.

These accident 'victims' have very likely been reading the Daily Snail and/or NOTW (rip...) and reckon they can pull a fast one and make a quick claim for some extra dosh.

Obviously, what they are trying is immoral, unethical and illegal.

And easily snubbed.

The insurance companies know all about these types of scams and are actively looking to prevent them, and all it takes is for your BiL to inform his insurance company that this is certainly a scam. The insurance company then informs these chancers that they are not accepting their claim and they will be challenged over this as they can prove that the impact was absolutely minor. They should add that any such false claims could - and have - resulted in charges of perjury resulting in custodial sentences.

That will give these bar stewards pause for thought - and on their heads be it if they try and continue with the claim.

So, question for you, Ry - what is your bro-in-law going to do? The right thing to stop these arissoles in their tracks, or else just sit back and let it happen and give him something to biatch about it for a few months?

Like you are doing.

I know what I would do.

FatHands and Rulland like this.
  6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

I should think BiL knows more about his business than you do advocate.

But I suspect he had some nancy of a driver who couldn't be bothered to tell a few lies. All he had to do was report the accident saying the bloke reversed into him.
    And put a claim on his insurance for damage to the front of the taxi and forward whiplash.
    Simples.

Funny ole world innit? :D

7. Welshdragon1

Overall honesty is the best policy. no matter how embarrassing it is

8. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Its not really. I've lied through my teeth in accidents to protect my employers insurance.
    I've been in court on occasion and always use a story that protects their insurance.

9. Welshdragon1

They way I see it

If you can't be honest with others, you can't be honest to yourself

If it came to court, would you have lied on oath ??

10. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

My Dad always lied on oath. Especially when chancers tried to pull a fast one on him.
    What was visited upon him he returned double fold. Not someone you mess with my Dad.

11. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

A very good point there Weishdragon and worthy of a new thread which i'm going to start, ;)

Welshdragon1 likes this.
  12. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

So from a realistic pov you're on par with your BiL's perps surely?.​

Gatt likes this.
  13. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

It always pays to get the boot in first.

14. Welshdragon1

Does two wrongs make a right ??

15. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Every time.
    It's about getting equal and then some.

16. Welshdragon1

Sorry but we live in two completely different worlds

At least I will never have to look over my shoulder for the skeletons to come out of my closet & bite me on the gluteus maximus, which would send one on a paranoia at some time in the future ;) ;)

KIAB and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  17. That is, indeed, a funny ol' world of getting the boot in first (and some), lying through the teeth, and lowering yourself to the lowest level of the lowest person you are dealing with, Ry.

Thank gawd it ain't my world.

I'd rather live in Welsh's. And it usually works.

And before you get all cynical - again - please do bear in mind that the reason it doesn't always work is that it ain't chust the toerags of this world who behave like this, but it's also people who really should know better. Like you.

You are part the reason why things are only slowly get better.

Your remarks above are totally without honour.

But not completely surprising when you consider the moral guidance given by yer dad. Along with the belief in fairies :rolleyes:.

Rulland likes this.
  18. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

As ^^^

19. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

The last labour government is the main reason things are only slowly getting better.
    And are about to get much worse should the snp and labour run a coalition government.

20. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

We're talking about your ethics, not our governments, they lie.

Welshdragon1 likes this.