Intergrated Fridge/Feezer Furniture door problem

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Nwivi, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Nwivi

Nwivi New Member

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum, and really need some help!

I recently had an integrated Neff 50/50 fridge freezer installed in a new kitchen, the guy fitting it put the door hinge on the left when we wanted it on the right - So I decided to switch the hinges myself.

This was easy and no problem at all I took the furniture door off and a switched the hinges. The F/F closes really tight without its cabinet door but as soon as I attach said door to the fridge, I start having problems. The seal is not as tight for the fridge part of the F/F and it seems as if there is less resistance when I pull on it.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm baffled because I'm pretty sure its all been attached the way as before - in fact I actually used the screws+brackets that came with the F/F unlike the guy who fitted it ..he put random screws and brackets everywhere.

the F/F model is the Neff K4254X7GB/02

any help would be much appreciated!

2. snezza30

snezza30 Member

Nwivi,

Firstly, have you checked to make sure that the brackets that connect the Fri/Freezer doors to the furniture doors are adjusted correctly?. When adjusted correctly, there should be a slight gap between the back of the furniture door and the front of the cabinet (a mm or 2). You need to slacken the Torx screws on the sides of the appliance doors and move the furniture doors in/out until the correct gap is attained. If, when the doors are closed, the furniture doors rest upon the face of the cabinet, then it is not adjusted right. Pull the door out very slightly as it may be preventing the seal on the appliance from seating right.

Secondly, the Freezer doors are NORMALLY a far better seal than the Fridge doors.
    The Freezer tends to create more of a vacuum which means you have to pull it harder than the Fridge door.

Hope this helps!

Snezza.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Are your saying the fridge offers Less resistance than the freezer, if so this is not uncommon due to the temperature of the freezer, it causes more of a vacuum, hence the door needs a harder pull to open.