Irrational reference to religion

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by unphased, Feb 26, 2017.

1. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

We don't say "two Christians were arrested for shoplifting".
    We don't say "two Catholics were arrested for shoplifting".
    We don't say "Two Buddhists were arrested for shoplifting".

So why do we say "two Muslims were arrested for shoplifting", or "two Islamists were arrested for shoplifting".

Its a ******* weird world.

2. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Donald Trump banned people from "mainly Muslim" countries from entering USA. He didn't ban Christians, Catholics, Buddhists, or any other religion, even if they were from the same country. Its really ******* weird this world.

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

We are incapable of referring to Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalies, Asians, etc etc, they have to be referred to as Muslims. Why ***?

4. Do we really say this, UP? Unless it was somehow relevant that they were Muslims (and I can't see how!)?

Where did you see this?

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If they are Muslim, then what's the problem? ???

In the world we live in, its very unlikely you would here this, the left wing news wouldn't allow it.

6. Phil the Paver

Who's the biggest threat in the world at the moment. (Trump aside).

koolpc likes this.
  7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I like the way the BBC news says things like "a plane crashed today killing several hundred nationals of this country" we are now going to speak to a Britain who was thinking of taking the same flight ..... Sir "Do you feel relieved you didn't get on the plane .."

Several hundred people have died but lets concentrate on the one Brit ....

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I think you'll find he did indeed ban everyone from the 7 countries involved, irrespective of their religious leaning. ;);)

BiancoTheGiraffe likes this.
  9. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Let me think now? Yes! Buddhists, Christians, Mormons are the main terror threat in the world aren't they! :rolleyes:

10. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

I don't know how accurate this is but it is from California;-
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-mu...0-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619
    Anders Breivik in Norway was and is a white non-muslim nutjob.
    Quite a few terrorist atrocities have been carried out by white supremacists such as was it Mc Veigh? who was responsible for the Oklahoma bombing.
    I think Unphased has a point.

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

These days though, the majority of terror related murders etc are carried out by muslims.

Mention terrorism to anyone these days and muslim will be the word associated with it.

12. Honest answer?

The ignorant public.

Joe95 and Deleted member 164349 like this.
  13. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

This is indeed odd. The only reason for naming them as Muslim I think, is if they're doing it in the name of their religion. 100% of Jihadists for example, are Muslim, so that's fair enough.

koolpc likes this.
  14. Phil the Paver

How many weapons of mass distinction do they have then, not the Blair version.:)

15. Phil the Paver

Fortunately most voted out, so should be safe.:D:D:D

16. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

It's estimated that due to the low birth rate amongst idiginous Brits (1.3 children) and the high birth rate amongst Muslims (3.5 children) and the subsequent multiplying effect, that by 2050 they will be in the majority (if the current trend continues) so maybe by then the news will be different i.e. "Christian or Buddhist arrested"

17. Phil the Paver

MURDERED. :eek::eek:

18. P. Gee

P. Gee Active Member

Quite possibly, Christians are murdered for their faith on a massive scale today, but we had better not say who by! Not sure about Buddhists though, they tend to keep to their own communities.

koolpc likes this.