Is it me or do these screws look like they have a left hand thread?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Brian_L, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Brian_L

Brian_L Active Member

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Yes and how bored are you? :p:p

3. Brian_L

Brian_L Active Member

Very bored Chippie :D just pondering how to fit a couple of kitchen units 135mm away from the wall, Do I make a frame? hmm.

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Screw some rips of ply to the side of the unit side and fix them to the wall?

Brian_L likes this.
  5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

What width worktop you putting on top then ?

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yes, but it's only the image that's been reversed in processing.

7. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

I would go for they have reversed the image

8. Brian_L

Brian_L Active Member

Approx 455mm worktop, Can't go the full 600 or use 560mm deep cabinets as the alcove is only 435mm. Using 300mm base units and going to bring them forward to the level of the wall at the front of alcove. to enable the maximum width of worktop possible. Will be putting a batten on the wall to support the rear of the worktop.

9. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

No, it's European equal opportunities, they now have to supply tools and screws for left handed people!:p:p

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Going a long thread this one...:rolleyes:

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh, so your using wall cabinets as base units? Done something similar a few years ago on a kitchen fit. I simply put a length of timber across the wall at the height I wanted the units at. (no need for a frame full height)

Brian_L likes this.
  12. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

They could be Australian screws, after all, the water spirals down a plug hole in the opposite direction in Oz!..:D

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

A slight deviation, ever heard of 'Scrooz' :eek:,one of the biggest online and multi-channel retailer in Oz
    They are now offering franchises for your own Scrooz Trade Centre & my aussie mate is thinking of buying one:confused:.

http://www.scrooz.com.au/

14. Brian_L

Brian_L Active Member

Yes just like that.

15. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Another deviation......I lived in Oz for a couple of years way back in the 60's!..:)