Is kitchen fitting a trade?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by kitcheneer, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

national guide FOR **
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Well-Known Member

£300 per week x 52 weeks = £15 600.00
    £200 per day x 5 days = £1 000.00 per week x 52 weeks = £52 000.00.
    WTF is a voyager other than one who travels.
    Grow up.
    * off.

[Edited by: admin5]
  3. chippie244

I feel sorry for you, no wait I pity you. It's a
    shame you have an obsession with me.....
    No obsession, you talk juvenile rubbish and I tell you.

Well I've been earning roughly 300 a week( that 5
    pound an hour post was whilst I was doing kitchen
    fitting part time).
    Not setting the world on fire are you, I pay my junior chippie £150 per day

I paid for holiday myself, my girlfriend and I went
    alone.
    How can 2 people be alone unless the girlfriend is imaginary

Also I got some facts, looked at the national guide
    do average salaries.... Average chippie wage is
    22k.... so I;m SEMI COLON? afraid to say you have been proven
    wrong.
    I'm not an average chippie

Now, so you understand. I haven't got time for a man
    such as yourself.
    Man not boy
    ..If I were to elaborate this would
    mean a man who is: a bigot, a racist and a voyager.

I have found in my life that if I have problems with someone there is a greater chance than there should be that they are from Wales or New Zealand.

Now, face the facts. Kitchen Fitters salary > Chippie
    salary.

You've disproved this yourself

And get a life... can't be bothered to reply to a
    bloke of your nature other the internet any more... I
    have a life. ;)
    This is not in English.
  4. lojo

lojo New Member

clarkey,

You earn £300 per week and you went on holiday with your girlfriend "unsupervised"

If your young the this is all good stuff, so enjoy it but please dont boast to others who are struggling (And I dont think chippy is)

If your not young then ???
  5. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

Ok, I'm going back on my word here but I feel I have to.

Bit hypercritical calling my comments juvenile when you were the one who resorted to petty name calling. e.g 'Come to get you * *** whipped'....

OK....

Chippie I think you've been missing my point all along in this forum. I have never doubted you are a good tradesman or not. I have not debated you could be earning lots of money. What I DID debate is that chippies don't earn as much as kitchen fitters.....

There are exceptions but as we know exceptions aren't the rule.....

I have proven that with national statics.....

I don't know why I stated my wages as it I do feel no-one really needs to know but I just wanted to prove a point to Chippie.

Yes I did go on holiday unsupervised to the states. I'm 19 my girlfriend is 17 so not really a big issue. I wasn't trying to boast at all it was just in responce to Chippies reply.

I do find it quite sad how you're trying to compete with every aspect and every point I bring up hippie.

Good for your junior Chippie, fair play to him for earning £150 a day. Still doesn't change facts that chippies don't earn much more than kitchen fitters....

Why did you correct what was correct in the first place? by this I mean.... I said in my post ' A man such as yourself' Then you replied with 'Man not boy'..... Are your comprehensive skills bad??

"£200 per day x 5 days = £1 000.00 per week x 52 weeks = £52 000.00."

Just out of interest is that your wage?

'Grow up ** off'

I find it highly hypercritical of you telling me to grow up?

I think you need to have a good look in the mirror. If you were to look back from this whole forum I think you will find it is you resorting to immature play ground name calling.....

Also just to bring this BACK to topic and (Especially for the sake of your below average comprehensive skills Chippie) I will say this clear:

Average chippie gets less than average kitchen fitter. - Fact.

I have never said Chippie was an average chippie. He could well be on a very good salary.

Seriously though this 'debate' is getting tiring since I've proven my points.

6. chippie244

Clarkey, your talk of wages and salary have aided my comprehension. I don't work for a wage or salary, I give a price and take a profit from that.
    Maybe site joiners working for a company earn less than a kitchen fitter worhing for the same company, I have no idea but beware of quoting statistics. There is a famous quote that states "There are lies, damn lies and statistics" and another that states "statistics can say anything you want them to" Statisticly a theatre master carpenter earns £100.00 a day but I don't know one who earns that little and the last set I built I got £1600.00 for 4 days work.
    The £200.00 is the base level for a man day that I use when I am working out a price. I obviously make a profit on every tradesman I have working for me as well as my own labour cost.
    To get back to the topic, the original question was is kitchen fitting a super trade and the general feeling is that it is not but, with your wealth of experience built up over 19 years, feel free to disagree.
  7. chippie244

Clarkey, your talk of wages and salary ARE aiding my comprehension, I don't work for a wage, I give a price and take my profit from that.
    Maybe a site joiner working for a company doing 1st fix will not get paid as much as a kitchen fitter, I've no idea but I do know I've never been in a property where the kitchen fitter was on more money than me. I did notice that you changed your position to "chippies don't earn much more than kitchen fitters..."
    Beware of using statistics "There are lies, damn lies and statistics" "statistics can say anything you want them to"
    The £200.00 is the base figure for a man day that I use when working out a price.
    To get back to the point, the original posting was "Is kitchen fitting a super trade" and I think the general agreement is no, although with the benefit of your vast experience you can of course disagree.
  8. chippie244

I knew that was going to happen, bluudy hang ups.
  9. damo

damo New Member

Clarkey, you really need to calm down and get off your high horse. All that mindless carry on regarding chippie244 being a racist is totaly uncalled for and to say a complete over reaction is an understatement, YOU really need to grow up youve done nothing but show your age and lack of knowledge regarding this topic since you started posting on it.
    "Kitchen fitters earn more than chippies", you base this on what? utter rubbish , I know plenty of joiners that earn a mint making and installing bespoke custom made joinery. You really are nothing but a mindless, imature little bully and a disgrace to this forum!!
    GROW UP!!
  10. lojo

lojo New Member

clarkey, take care of that 17 year old girlfriend, or you may be glad your earning more than the average chippy!

I am guessing you are doing well, compared to your peers and hope you dont go around proving the wages point to them also, life can turn and friends cant be won by boasting

As chippy said stats cant really be relied upon, most self employed people who are earning well would not give that away to a stranger asking for research

fair play to you though, seems you are sticking around to debate in place of kitcheneer who ran off and left you to it
  11. chippie244

It's quite cute how he talks about his daddy though, my kids think the sun shines out of my **** as well, but then they are only 9 and 10.
  12. goldenboy

goldenboy Active Member

Sorry but you are way off the mark suggesting that carpenters/joiners earn less than kitchen fitters. A good joiner can earn far in excess of a kitchen fitter. As for boasting about pulling in £300 a week. Sorry mate but in a good week I wont get out of bed for that a day. Even in a bad week i'll still have that done by lunch a tuesday. Not knocking Kitchen fitters at all but put them in a room that doesnt need a sink or an oven and they are lost. Being a carpenter/joiner is the most adaptable trade and the most sought after. Plumbers ten a penny, sparks on every street corner, more plasterers about than London buses, a good carpenter/joiner difficult to find and customers want to keep hold of them.
  13. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

Ok. What Chippie said was racism. Simple as that no discussion.

I wasn't boasting about my wages. I just stated how much I earnt because Chippies previous comment about my wages were wrong.

I think you will find if anyone is boasting about wages its Chippie.... He's constantly been doing it.

Also, only 2 people know how much I earn (apart from the forum). My girlfriend and my father..... I've already stated I think my salary is a private thing but since it's other internet and I will never see you in real life I thought theres no harm.

Also you're ** saying 'some chippies make alot because they own their own business etc'. It doesn't hold nothing in this arguement. I can say I know alot of kitchen fitters who also supply (as do my father and I).... Who can easily earn up to 4k+ in a week.....

I got national statics, why would they want to lie about average wage for? lol.

I got facts you haven't. I think I've proven I was right....

Btw, this thing about using my age against me. I'm sorry but your wrong to do so. You don't need decades of experience to dig up facts.

Also why are you getting your back up so much about my father? Do you have insecurities that a Kitchen Fitter probably earns more than you???

This ** as well that they can only work in one room? How ignorant are you? I know many kitchen fitters who can fit bedrooms and studies too.....

My father and I fit Kitchens,Bathrooms, Bedrooms and Studies.

It is pretty amazing how people just talk utter rubbish and generalize too much.

End of the day. I proved kitchen fitters earn more with facts.

Is kitchen fitting a superior trade? no.

Can't see why Chippie still feels the need to carry this on.

[Edited by: admi5]

14. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

Ok damo, I'm not a bully at all. To be fair I'm the one being attacked. I'm basically defending myself.

I've been the one who has been called immature names.

Either way I don't ***** about it anyway. Its a forum and people are allowed opinions. I base my points on facts and statics which is pretty strong.

You call me a bully when you're the one who's attacking me. I'm not trying to gain some moral high grown over chippie or anyone on this forum so I can't really see how you can tell me to get off 'my high horse'.

You call me a disgrace to the forum. Yet your post has nothing at all to to with the topic other than attacking me.

Hypercrit.

Anymore bored chippies out there want a go?

Also to mojo. I'm quite a humble person, I'm not the type of person to go around boasting. If you're to look through this topic you will see why I posted my wage. You would also see that really its Chippie whos boasting about his wages..

Sorry It's just I don't want people having the impression I'm boasting when I'm not.
  15. Clarkey

Clarkey New Member

Lojo** not mojo
  16. chippie244

Statics are what Pikeys live in. Oh my god I've made another racist comment, and me a Guardian reader and all that. ;)
  17. chippie244

Chippie, I think you need to get your head out your
    **** and open your eyes.

I'm sorry mate but kitchen fitters make a whole lot
    more money than chippies....

"Because thats all they can do" How immensely
    ignorant are you??? My father who is a kitchen fitter
    of 30+ years is easily the most skilled trades man I
    have ever met.

When we have sparks on our jobs, they ask him for
    advice on electrics!! (He would do it himself but
    cant be bother with certs etc...but I will be in 2
    years time =) )....

My father is an amazing plumber to...basically my dad
    can do anything in a house, except build one!

So think before you speak! or you look like the fool
    you are now.

Seriously some of the ** people come out with,
    especially chippies. I have yet to meet a chippie who
    hasn't botched up a kitchen.

The company we work for does alot of remedials and
    change work tops/doors 'make over' type thing ans
    we're asked to sometimes... and every kitchen that
    has been fitted by a chippie we go to has so many
    mistakes and looks awful... mistakes such as plumbing
    putting pipe work in units that not necessary, ****
    butt and scribes....

I know not all chippies are **, but i don't think
    its a coincidence that most cant fit kitchens....
    naivety comes into mind....

Clarkey, this is your first post, read it and weep. :)

18. i fit

i fit New Member

19. goldenboy

goldenboy Active Member

You show me a one man band kitchen fitter who earns £4k a week week in week out and I will show you a video of Elvis and Lord Lucan riding into Atlantis on Shergar holding the Holy Grail and The Hitler Diaries. £208k a year. What absolute rubbish. My dad this and my dad that. idiot
  20. chippie244

That's nothing, Kitcheneer makes £14,750 a day.

I made and fitted a kitchen today,
    £250 in materials and I sold it for £15,000