Is this plume kit gas safe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Rizo, Jun 5, 2014.

1. My concern would be that Rizo has made such an awesome job of sealing all the gaps with that magic tape, that room is now effectively air-tight. When that boiler runs, maaan, that room will become a vacuum.

But I doubt Rizo's ears will pop.

Keep it as it is, Rizo - awesome job, man. Let Darwinian evolution take its course...

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

that's designed for sticking to the panels - it's not designed to make a weather proof joint between brickwork and the panels - it won't last long, and when it fails that junction box will get wet

you should have used something like this keyed into the brickwork

[​IMG]
    but that's the least of your worries .......

3. itchyspanner

itchyspanner Member

is rizo on crystal meth?

4. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

I do hope that hook is the right way up by now.

5. Rizo

Rizo Member

I would approciate some decent advice. Would you recommend a proper plume management kit or does it need a 90degree elbow and a vertical flue?

6. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

you've had decent advice - I recommend you get a properly qualified person in to carry out the works

7. meady

meady Member

You need a gas safe registerd plumber to sort it out , if anyone else does it they are illegally doing so

8. Please 'fess up and tell us you are yanking our chains.

In case you are in any doubt - I don't believe any expert or professional would consider your plume kit to be safe.

9. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

I can't believe that anyone would put themselves and their family at risk by doing something this stupid, its got to be a wind up

10. Gas Training

Gas Training New Member

We very much doubt it , looks like down pipe and certainly incorrectly fitted .

11. Rizo

Rizo Member

how about now then?

photo.JPG

12. meady

meady Member

Much better, who did you get to do it

13. Rizo

Rizo Member

i took you guy's decent advice

14. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

when is he coming back to fit the support bracket ?

15. Rizo

Rizo Member

i doubt the support bracket is necessarry as the pipe is going through the corrugated ceeling (which is already tightly holding it in place) and is siliconed which also acts as adhesive.

16. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

ah gowan gowan gowan, treat yourself to a bracket

[​IMG]

17. teabreak

teabreak Screwfix Select

Mmm and nobody has yet commented that it is no longer a balanced flue, the air for combustion is taken from the space enclosed by the plastic and the products are being discharged in another air zone:(

I do so hope it is wind up;)

18. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

The house that the muppets built.... I know little about plumbing ....But if this was my pad I think I would be a bit concerned

19. Rizo

Rizo Member

For those concerned. I suggest you buy a plume kit for your gas cookers. Since it runs on the same basics

20. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

I'm assuming that's a very open car port Mr Tea - surely no one would be so daft as to ......

JColes likes this.