it creeps up on you

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Jan 16, 2016.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I've often noticed the posters in the Dr's surgery, " Don't let drink creep up on you", In denial I usually give a tut and think to myself " why is it everything I enjoy is bad" and " I,ve been drinking most of my life and its never harmed me",
    Anyrode this year i decided to do the Dry January just because it seemed a good idea, Low and behold in the papers today " Supermarket sales of alcohol halved " I never thought I could make such a difference,

Things I've noticed, I have't lost a single pound in wieght, yet, they say i should sleep better, not that I've noticed,but it is harder to drop off to sleep, I should notice higher energy levels, none at all in fact I'm more laid back than ever,

One good thing is my blood pressure, after the first week my blood pressure went from high side of normal to normal, so thats a good sign and the one that will give me the resolve to carry on to Feb,

So good luck to all other dry Jan partakers,, have you any benefits?o_O

FatHands likes this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Tom, I read in the papers that alcohol was bad for you.. I did the only reasonable thing I could,,, and stopped reading. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  3. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

I'm always dry. 1lg072tea.gif

4. AvagoDad

AvagoDad Member

I'm having dry week days, but quite wet weekends! ;)

5. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Tom - i must confess to having a beer the other day! It was one of those days where it felt like a beer was really needed :( I think its more reasonable for me to drink less (overall) and just weekends with just tea and water in the week. I also heard plenty of cold water is good for you too. Not just because water is great, but if its quite cold your body uses energy to warm it up to body temperature.

6. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I'm feeling like a beer now Fats but I know if I have just one, It will lead to another and another, so I'm resisting, I'm determined to do the full month, :)

7. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I read in the paper today,that if you do a dry January, you could turn into a binge drinker in February. Sod it. I'll stay consistent & drink right through. I'll be in "church" tomorrow lunchtime. :D:D

8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

"Your round, Vicar. Hic!"

9. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

fair play Tom, that sounds like determination, nice one! ;)