Its happening again

Discussion in 'Support' started by tom.plum, May 11, 2013.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

screwfix Peter, its happening again, I have't touched anything since you last fixed it, but I'm getting email notifactions again,

2. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

I looked in to this last week.. It seems you choose to get notifications for a whole space last week. Looking at it now you have selected to view a single thread.

You can check this by looking at the actions box on recent threads you have commented on or I can reset your settings.

Peter

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I've not done anything that Iknow of, except a couple of mins ago when i started getting notifications again, Yes please Peter reset my setting, thanks

4. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

If you still have the emails please forward them to forum.moderation@screwfix.com so I can investigate as we have had no other issues.

I shall clear your notifications

Peter

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

thanks Peter, Its probably me doing something, but thanks for your help. there ought to be a law against over 60's owning computers.

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Wish there was Tomps. My dad (83 this year)  seems to think that my home phone number  is the Microsoft technical helpline. (just because I happen to own a bloody computer)  He phones up about the most stupid things, like ,,,,,, "I've gone and deleted an email from my inbox,,,, Where has it gone? " Or ,,,,, " I'm trying to email a friend of mine, and I don't have his email address in my contacts,,, Can I still send it if I don't know his email address?

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

there was one on 'the worlds most craziest fools' last night hosted by mr T,

A guy rang the microsoft help line, " hello I'm trying to move the curser to the middle of the screen, to do that I hve to move the mouse to the right, but my mouse is on the edge of the mouse pad,if I move it right, its gonna fall of the mouse pad, please help",

8. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Screwfix Peter

I have been told by Serendiplady that she is receiving email notifications every time I post, sometimes up to six a day, apparently. Is there anything you can do to help? I had no idea she was receiving emails and it is certainly not intentional. Must be a forum software glitch. I would appreciate it please.

Thank

Roy