Ivy and bramble killer

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Jitender, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Philde

Philde Member

When spraying anything with shiny leaves e.g. ivy, add a few drops of washing up liquid to mix and use a fine spray. This will allow the mix to 'wet' the leaves better rather than run straight off, an old trick my father in law told me and I've found it always works a treat.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Not needed for Rosate 36 or 360.

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Are Rosate 36 and 360 the same product?

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Orginally two seperate items, Rosate 36 has been replaced by Rosate 360 TF,which is now less hazardous to the environment.

Rosate 36 was brilliant for Japanese knotweed, whether Rosate 360TF will be just as good I don't know.

Jitender and Dr Bodgit like this.
  5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

For the bramble it seems to have worked a treat.

I will mix a solution for the ivy, because they have a waxy cutical maybe more repellent to the spray?

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I was thinking I had bought the wrong one:D

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Up to 30ml to a litre of water, might get away with 20ml ,Rosate is a slow action weed killer, it kills from the leaf to the tip of the root, so don't expect to see instant results when spraying ivy & that's the same with most weeds, also Rosate will kill anything it touches.

8. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

This stuff seems to work effectively on bindweed, nettles and bramble.

I am not sure whether its have any effect on ivy?

Maybe its because of the glossy leaves as someone above mentioned?

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It's very effective on a lot of weeds, using it here for bineweed & maretail, as for ivy it's hard to kill, if on a tree cut the stems, if it's ground cover you need to bash the life out of it, break the leaves before spraying.

Jitender likes this.