JCB 805BT POWER SLIDE

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by luciousesox, Dec 16, 2016.

1. luciousesox

luciousesox New Member

Heres one that might stump a few, I have an old JCB 805bt power slide, the main boom slides out and in and I think it is locked in place by a small ram. I am not totally sure as the ram has two wires dangling down from it and hence it does not work, the guy I bought it off knew nothing but said that he was tempted to weld it in place. That I cannot do as it would be good to get this old girl resurrected back to the way it should be, finding a parts manual or workshop manual is a bit like looking for a tuft of Bin Ladens hair.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Brilliant beast the 802BT

You contacted JCB, they should have a copy of manual, or find a dealer who might be able to help.

http://www.holtjcb.co.uk/

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    FatHands and CGN like this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

5. Hugh Jaleak

Hugh Jaleak Member

6. pandj

pandj New Member

Power slide is not electrically operated - the wires are likely from the work light mounted on the ram base. The operating lever is the small lever with a black knob on the cab right hand side panel behind the tracking lever. This should move back and forth easily, and lock/unlock the ram. Mine was seized solid and needed a lot of persuasion to free it. Don't weld the p/slide up if avoidable - its very handy. Behind the seat on the right side near to the powerslide lever is a small button - this locks the slew mechanism but is sprung loaded so you have to hold it in lock. Back to the powerslide, the ram operates two wedges which force outwards under pressure thus jamming the boom in position. The weges can seize through non-use, but a good banging session with the bucket should loosen them. There are replaceable wear bars mounted in the slider grooves. I have a fair bit of info on these machines if needed.

luciousesox likes this.
  7. luciousesox

luciousesox New Member

Hello Pandj, thank you for that information it is very useful. The engine is very quiet and still very powerful, I have to oil all the track bolts and tighten them up and I might have to weld one of the sprockets teeth up as they are very worn. It looks like its had its day but I think its just been left outside for years and not had a lot of maintenance but all that will change. Any information you could share with me would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks

8. pandj

pandj New Member

Did you get the powerslide working? Just bought new wear pads for mine as its not holding when digging. Track adjustment is by pumping grease into the nipple inside the track carriage a couple of feet behind the idler wheels. Worn sprockets can spell the end for an 805 as they are a unit with the track motor housing and irreplaceable these days - rebuilding would cost a fortune.

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Years ago, I knew someone had the sprockets built up with mig weld, then ground to profile, as no spares available.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017