Jewsons

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Boxer Red, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Boxer Red

Boxer Red New Member

Have a trade account with jewsons and never had a prob, until today. Big bill in. Now got the brain numbing task of going through every ticket to double check. Spoke to another builder today who has 70% probs with them cos of errors. Anyone else have probs? Paid all bills in past without question.Have i been had?
    BR

2. bodget&scarpers

bodget&scarpers New Member

get it all the time,jewsons,travis timberstore :(
    tell em 2 check all the signatures,may also b another firm
    with a similar name.

3. ­

­ New Member

You should check every ticket every month anyway, not just because you've got a big bill.

Jewsons are one of the worst. They'll quote one price (written quote) then bill you a different figure. We're always chasing credit notes and often the credit notes are incorrect too.

They're a flamin' nightmare.

4. I have had troubles with them on numerous occasions - now I only use them if I really have to - I've had the bills in before, then phoned up to complain and they took nearly half off some things, seems like its one of their policies or something.

Phone and threaten that you'll never use them again, depends on how much you spend, but it might do the trick

5. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I stopped going to my local Jewsons (Farnham) about two months ago because I had a big row with one of the muppets behind the counter. Their discount system is a complete joke and setting up terms on items you buy frequently is fine until you realise how over priced they are in the first place!

6. Bigplumber

Bigplumber New Member

I don't use them any more, Wolesley are far better. I get them to sign the del note with the price, never had an invoice problem since.

7. wardoss

wardoss New Member

As a person who spend much of my working day dealing with merchants Jewsons being one of our preferred suppliers. I can sympathise and know where you are coming from. Having also worked at a merchant I cannot see any logic to the extorant high list prices from which discounts are given.

Boxer Red

You are perfectly within your rights to ask for Proof Of Deliveries for materials. However did you not think something was wrong when you got invoices coming through. You should have posted to you a few days after each delivery an invoice with a statement at the end of the month.

As a matter of interest what Jewsons is it that you deal with. I have contacts over much of southern England.

8. bodget&scarpers

bstyle,i was in farnham 2 day buying rockets(not from jewsons low )but lidls and last year they were brill!!!
    im in godalming,so if u fancy a beer 1 nite let me know.

9. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Hi B&S, I go to that Lidl's quite often especially in the summer to stock up on Lemonade when I'm working!

I had a mate who lived in Farncombe, just down the road from you. If you go into Farnham Jewsons there's a girl in there called Shellie, right B1tch!

10. bodget&scarpers

THATS MY WIFE

ONLY JOKING