JOHNSTONES WHITE EMULSION

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by j.k, Apr 9, 2008.

1. j.k

j.k New Member

Purchased 5x tubs of this a few months back, applies like water and all marks are seen staright through, absolute garbage.

Anyone else had this prob?

Had to bin and use Dulux

2. Cecilh

Cecilh New Member

Haven't used Johnstones CoverPlus emulsion in quite a while because of poor coverage.

Was assured by local rep that Leyland leytex was the dogs danglies since they'd improved the brand and was perfect for farefaced blockwork - **** - Didn't compare to Macpherson's Eclipse.

Have used Jono's Soft Sheen and found that to be very good.

3. plumplasdec

plumplasdec Member

I cannot believe coverplus is no good I have been using for 20 years with no problems are you sure its not contract emulsion?

4. Guttercat

Guttercat New Member

Purchased 5x tubs of this a few months back, applies
    like water and all marks are seen staright through,
    absolute garbage.

Anyone else had this prob?

Had to bin and use Dulux

j.k
    Does it say covaplus on the tubs?
    If not, it's probably some of the cheap, retail rubbish that you see floating around in some places.

5. 54aardvark

54aardvark New Member

Johnstones Covaplus is the dogs as far as I'm concerned, last week knocked out a navy blue ceiling and a dark olive green one in only two coats.

Previously used Leyland trade matt and never had any real problems with it, but doesn't cover as well as the Covaplus which is only 40p/L more expensive

6. Burlington Bertie

Burlington Bertie New Member

Customer supplied some of this stuff to paint a kitchen in his cottage on Dartmoor about 4-5 years ago. Put about 4 coats on and still it was rubbish. Went out and bought some Crown and that did the job with one coat. Never used it (Johnstones again)

7. ponty01.

ponty01. New Member

Avoid Johnstones.

IWS: It Was Slush :)