Jolly

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Hockey Sticks

I have next to no interest in watching sports and athletics - the footie world cup being about the only exception.

Sadly the misses is obsessed, and the Olympics has been on the tele from the moment she comes home to sometimes well into the early hours... :oops:

And it's been bludy brilliant. :)

Ok, not all of it. But a huge amount - genuinely astonishing, inspiring, gripping, dramatic.

And bludy. Very very bludy. Broken limbs. Ripped skin. Bloodied faces. Stitches. Black eyes. Bruises a go-go.

And that's just the female competitors.

And isn't Britain doing astonishingly well? :D

Diving. Cycling. Badminton. That kicking martial art thingy - Tie-kwan-do.

And Hockey.

Oh my gawd - I couldn't believe how exciting the women's hockey is. Honestly. And it doesn't harm that it's so easy on the eye - what a change to have nice-looking competitors for a change.

C'mon - I don't mean that in a lecherous way. I don't I don't. It's just helps, that's all... :oops:

Actually, our cyclists are well-attractive too. As are our rowers.

Even caught the Moto last night. This is BMXing - oh my gawd, it was exciting. Full-on action, lots of hellish crashes.

Anyhoo, back to the Women's Hockey - Britain did fantastically well and are through to the finals (I think). That's on tonight, and it promises to be an amazing match - I urge you to watch it.

Their penalties are something to observe - far more exciting that footie. They can dribble in towards the goal and the goalie can come out and tackle them.

Fab skill. Great game. And lots of cut faces, bruises and stitches too... :oops: They actually had to wash the blood off the pitch during the last match :eek:

Put it on yer calendar - it's at 9pm tonight :)

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Women's hockey has been great, final is today, a must see event @ 9pm.:)
    More women Tie-kwan-do today, the heavy weights.
    Only judo has been a let down for me, matches so flat.:(
    And the BBC coverage has been a pain in the rear, keep moving events to other channels & then the Red Button & back again.

3. I thought the kwando was dull - it looked like petulant girlie kicking :rolleyes:.

Mind you, I wouldn't say that to her face... :oops:

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

yea some girls kick butt :rolleyes:

5. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Ouch that may have been my first naught word, sorry SF Pete :eek:

6. You are sooooooo bad...

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Oh ye of little faith in GB!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Speaking of that,, Anyone notice the EU trying to capitalise on the medals by producing a version of the medals table with the EU instead of each individual member country? Cheeky b'stards.

9. Mr. Handyandy

Yer, they should try to do that with splitting the USA into states, then see where GB is!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

10. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

It's a farce, just announced that the Para Olympics is to be cut to the minimum, due to there being no money left, saying that up to half the teams won't bother turning up, ticket sale at a level never seen before, not a high level.

We may be having a good time medal wise, but it will go down as one of the worst Olympics yet and definitely the worse Paras in its 56 year history.

11. Mr. Handyandy

.........and GOLD!!!!!!!

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Goes to show what the real intentions are.

13. Oh dear, the usual suspects have chust not learnt a lesson, have they... :oops:

14. Wow -what a match!

No question the Dutch were the better side, but if you cannot score then it's worth jack.

And these penalties are sooo much more awesome than footie ones. With football, it's as much a lottery as it is anything else. But that was pure excitement :)

KIAB likes this.
  15. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Didn't know Jimmy krankie was Dutch coach nice one Jimmy

16. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Why is our team called Team GB when it should be Team UK?
    Also why is the government so against selective education when selective athletics is acceptable?