Just cleaned patio and block paved drive - what to seal with

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by SteveMJ, Jul 4, 2015.

1. SteveMJ

SteveMJ Active Member

Hello all,

I have spent much of today in the sunshine pressure washing my block paved drive and also my patio. I'll be getting some kiln dried sand for the paving and spread and brush that in next week.

My block paved drive seems to get grubby and weedy quite quickly, especially compared to some car parks I've seen that never get treated, except may annual sweep!

I can treat with a weedkiller, before I add the sand to dela with the weeds.

I was wondering what sealants could be recomended to help keep the surface clean for a longer time? Any recomendation or advice is much appreciated.

Many thanks, Steve

2. SteveMJ

SteveMJ Active Member

Hmm,

Have I posted on the wrong forum?

Sealants I have seen advertised are:
    Resiblock, Everbuild 405, Everbuild 409, Sika, Thompsons

Any experience of these?

Thanks, Steve

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Have used Resiblock, makes it look wet all the time.

Once you use a sealer, you will need to re-seal every couple of years to keep it looking good.

4. SteveMJ

SteveMJ Active Member

Thanks Phil,

Resiblock is referred to on a couple of websites. I did our patio ages ago (10 years maybe?) with something - I can't recall now. The treated area is certainly easier to re-clean.

The Resiblock is sold at a premium price and some of the others are considerably less cost. Are they significantly inferior?

Cheers, Steve