Just Talk

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by miss pickle, Aug 4, 2015.

1. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

It has been brought to my attention by astramax (a very valued member of the screfix forum I appreciate) that this trade forum has recently been "losing direction". In his words and I quote, this is a "Trade forum for the exchange and advice of like minded views. And isn't chit chat better suited to Facebook"?
    Being the first to appreciate the views of others I thought I would put it out there to see what other peoples views are on this. Does Astra have a good point?
    Let the games begin:rolleyes::)
    Bit of limelight for you astra ;) make the most of it :) opportunity doesn't knock everyday:rolleyes:

2. Yes, Astra is a very valued member of this forum.

3. miss pickle

As I have already pointed out ;) no reason not to have the debate though dev.
    I am already aware of this. I do not need reminding.
    I have the right to post and I disagree with his comments that were aimed at me.
    Peoples feelings will give me a good understanding.

4. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Sometimes I like to express my thoughts through the medium of dance

[​IMG]

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  5. proby

proby Active Member

I'm with Astra, by all means post in the just talk it's what it's for but not every bloody five minutes

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  6. miss pickle

smiley-dance001.gif Haha! :D Me too.

7. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

I think the title of this forun says it all , Just Talk. If anyone needs advice or an opinion on a trade subject, then this is usually given, but i can see no reason why there is no room for chit chat & banter. :)

8. miss pickle

You could always take me off your alerts ;)

9. proby

proby Active Member

You were never on them darling;)

10. miss pickle

And does someone just coz they are a valued member get protected from what a forum is all about?
    I don't see that kind of protection going on for the newbies! They have to have strong personalities and fight against this wall that so clearly goes on dev.
    I'm yet to hear your thoughts on the actual question dev! I wait with bated breath :)

11. miss pickle

So what's your point about the every five minutes then? What's your problem? Explain in detail. If you don't like my posts then why read them? You just can't help yourself proby ;)

12. miss pickle

Quick enough to join my new thread though I see :p

13. proby

proby Active Member

Damn got me:( meant no offence just the quantity ;)

14. Soz - I'm still incapacitated by laughter at Para's post above... :D

15. miss pickle

On a more serious note, (which I rarely do tbh) I do appreciate that I am not everybody's cuppa tea. Who is????
    I know my faults :) I've been living with me a long time! But that isn't the issue :D
    The question is about the forum!!!!! Its not open season to batter miss p :oops: although I do quite enjoy it sometimes ;)

16. miss pickle

This is true Dev. Para I find a bit scary coz he's a genius. Para has something that money or training can't buy. He is special. And so unique coz its rare to find people like that.
    I don't reckon para likes me much but I will let it go coz I am in awe :p

17. miss pickle

What makes you so strong dev? I love people like you. Never weak, always stoic. Your intelligence is through the roof. Your thoughtful, I like that.
    You never follow the gang. I was always drawn to people like that.
    Occasionally you can cross the line, but I like that too!
    You'd have been one of my favourite teachers, of which I had many.
    I'd have been your worst nightmare, but you'd always be there trying to fix me ;) coz that's what good teachers do.
    And you never forget them for it.

18. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

You're certainly a mover, I bet you go down a storm at the local bop. :p:p:p

19. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Right back to Miss PS question.

Yes this is a trade forum that has sub headings, one of those heading is just talk, that in itself is for general chit chat.

Miss P has brought some life into what can be at times a very lonely place, in fact she been a breath of fresh air.

She sometimes come across as a little insecure, this question being one if those times, but I for one welcome her input and general chit chat and would miss her if she went.

Those of you out there who do not wish to participate in any of the topics she starts or indeed participates in have the choice not to view them and in fact can block her from your view.

I personally don't think any of us has the right to determine who or who doesn't visit and contributes to the forum, if she was a pest and not in keeping with the forum, I'm sure Peter or another moderator would have let her know by now.

But at the end of the day, only her and her alone can make the decision whether to stay or go, I wouldn't like to think she was hounded out.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  20. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Do you do the Edinburgh Fringe by any chance Para?
    For your off the wall comedy not the dancing.