Kitchen Appliances.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Joe95, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

We're after a dishwasher and vented tumble dryer. (Under-cupboard units - not a fan of built in) Anyone have a unit they are particularly impressed with?

We currently have a Zanussi condensing tumble dryer, which doesn't dry properly, leaks, and throws too much heat into the room. It was the Which 'best buy', and rated higher than the Bosch we were originally going to buy.

We've got a Bosch washing machine, which has had no issues and still works perfectly well - again, a Which 'best buy' - So it will be staying. Our Fridge/Freezer is also a Bosch unit, it's over 20 years old and has nothing changed or replaced - even the bulb! That's here to stay too, although it might be replaced later this year or next year.

Thanks for any input.

2. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

First choice would be Miele for dishwasher, but are more expensive.

Second choice would be Bosch for tumble dryer and dishwasher. Had a washer at work and used every day never had a fault.

If the fridge freezer isn't 'frost free' then would recommend one, saves cleaning out the ice compartment form build up of ice.

If you have space then go for american type fridge frezzer, loads of space to put all the goods :)

Joe95 likes this.

3. I will never have Bosch again.

It has been discussed before and I might be unlucky but their quality is poor now compared to their name.

We dont now try ti get everything of the same brand.

4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Would stay away from Indesit or Hotpoint washing machines.

Bought a Grundig washing machine a few years ago in New year sale, came with 5 year guarantee.

5. spen123

spen123 Screwfix Select

We have a whirlpool and it's a good machine. I suppose it's budget dependent. Miele are as said the best installed them for commercial applications but if you can warrant the cost of one to the amount it's being used I'd say its worth it.

Joe95 likes this.
  6. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Most often appliances are "badge engineered". Made to similar designs on te same line and just the appropriate logo added at the end.

We have a Miele tumble drier that is over 20 years old and still going. A Miele washing machine at 8 years which replaced a 12 or 14 yo machine.

The Fridge Freezer is Liebherr and again we have a second one that is over 20 yo ... Liebherr are considered a good manufacturer and actually make Miele badged fridge freezers too.

Spend the extra and you will get value for money.

Joe95 likes this.
  7. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Liebherr? I thought they made mobile cranes. :D

8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Thanks for the responses.

I've never had a Miele, but from what I can find they do seem good machines. They aren't stupid pricing either, I'd rather spend money and not have to deal with petty problems down the line. Another benefit is I can find spares galore, at least I will be able to change parts myself if a fault develops.

Jit, originally we were going to get an American style fridge/freezer, but the missus would prefer two separate (full height) units. And thanks for the advice on 'frost free' - we were both unaware of this.

Poll, I never knew Liebherr made fridges and freezers, they look well worth it too. I will keep that in mind.

9. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Think most freezers are frost free now, so no more defrosting needed.

Liebherr fridges look good.

10. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Not exactly a name that is broadcast but they really are well made and supported. Good range to choose from and JL stock some or I have a couple of independent retailers in Gerrards Cross and Beaconsfield who will offer excellent pricing on Liebherr and Miele.