Kitchen base unit fixing height

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Shotgun365, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Shotgun365

Shotgun365 New Member

Hi am currently building a stud wall which will have kitchen base units attached to it. Can anybody tell me what height the fixing points of howdens base units are set from the top? I presume that when assembled on legs the carcass without worktops stands at 870mm correct me if I'm wrong! What I want to do is run a line of noggins along the stud wall at the height which the base units will actually fasten at.

2. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

About 850mm above FFL

3. Sorry - I don't know.

But don't assume that the fixing is right at the top of the base unit.

Very good idea to do this, tho'. Especially so for wall units.

(I'm sure someone will be able to confirm the height. It might even be that the units don't have specific-height fixings, but use brackets, in which case you have some flexibility.

4. metrokitchens

On Howdens base units the fixing is a simple L bracket fixed to the unit and wall. Usually at the top for ease. I assume the units will be on the adjustable legs and not hanging off the wall with a gap below.

5. vivaro man

vivaro man Active Member

Shotgun, turn your noggins round so that the 100mm side butts up to the plasterboard on the unit side. This will give you a bit more room to play with. Personally I would go 850mm.

6. metrokitchens

Oh, how happy I would be if there were noggins for me to fix my base units to. I am lucky if there are noggins for the wall units!

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I always set kitchen units at 870mm. (all depends on how level the floor is though) ;);)

( You might want to work out where wall units go and put noggins in for them while your at it););)