kitchens in mobile homes

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by topbird136, Mar 25, 2014.

1. topbird136

topbird136 New Member

I recently visited a kitchen showroom and told the staff member I would like the full measure, design, supply and install service for a kitchen. All was going well till I said I lived in a park (mobile) home. She said the cabinets weren't suitable so I emailed their website and the area manager rang and said that while the cabinets were suitable, their installers would only fit kitchens in brick built structures and not timber built like mobile homes. It is my understanding that I can have a 'normal' kitchen installed in my mobile home just like my previous brick built home. I am aware that there may be weight issues as the interior walls are plasterboard but any decent firm should take this into account and be able to work round it, surely?? Any views or advice??

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Of course it's possible, it just that company didn't want to do it, their choice, you just need to find a company that willing to do it, maybe best asking on a mobile home/caravan type forum for any recommendations.