kudox radiators

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by mafinn, Jan 14, 2006.

1. mafinn

mafinn New Member

I'm off my home territory here so apologies if this seems daft but would be grateful for help. New kudox radiator supplied with 4 plastic closed seals to the holes top and bottom, e.g. to pipe inlet/outlet at the bottom and air vent and seal at the top. metal vent and seal supplied but no obvious way of removing the plastic seals and no instructions. Do you just prise them off? Don't want to destroy the radiator before I start! thanks

2. SDSMax

SDSMax New Member

the plastic plugs are threaded so they screw in, grip them with a pair of pliers and unscrew them as you would a nut.

3. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Just gently pry them up a little with a flat edge screwdriver and then pull them out with a pair of grips.

They can sometimes be a bit of a pain to remove.

I'm pretty sure that this type does just pull out but they could always be the screw in type, so worth checking to see if they unscrew.

4. mafinn

mafinn New Member

thanks a lot for the replies. Very helpful – I don't mind trying to twist or pull them off now.

5. Mike Wolff

Mike Wolff New Member

Just a comment to anyone else with this problem. I found the plugs to be painted in and would not shift with a normal screwdriver. I tried the above advice but could not get purchase with grips (too thin). What worked for me was to use a half-inch chisel for a screwdriver and to use the grips on the blade for added leverage. Hope this helps.

6. mrppp

mrppp Active Member

Blinking joke cant shift mine at all, no chance of grabbing with grips either.

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

What about the plastic things on the rads? lol :D

I believe they are screwed in tight.

8. mrppp

mrppp Active Member

LOL. Painted in, managed to get the smallest pair of grips i could find, now removed

9. johnthedon

johnthedon New Member

Brilliant! Thank you so much. Was wondering what would fit. Plumbers Talk six points, Kudox nil points.

10. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Fitted a new Kudox rad this week. Big flat blade screwdriver and job done :)

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I have a piece of flat steel bar, which I filed to size & has a hole for bar to go through, specially for removing plastic end plugs from kudox radiators

12. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I have too...it's called a screwdriver :D

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

But, it's tapered, my bar is square end,a snug fit, so no risk of it slipping out.

CGN likes this.