Laminate Flooring - Access underneath Floorboards

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Matt_H, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Matt_H

Matt_H Member

Hi All,

I am planning on having laminate flooring put down in our lounge.

However, I am concerned about losing access underneath the floorboards as there are tv wires down there, electric wires, water pipes and gas pipes.

How do people normally deal with this?

Thanks
    Matt

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

In a previous place whole ground floor was supended,I put a access hatch in floor in cupboard under stairs,out of site & didn't affect laminate floor in dinning, hall or lounge.:)

As long as water pipes are well insulated,it's rare you ever need access,unless your extending wiring.
    Also make sure your air bricks are clear & you have a good airflow under a supended floor, or you risk damp & joists getting rot.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Matt_H likes this.
  3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

As Kiab, says plus make sure that rodents can't get in. In more ways than one it will drive you nuts with them scurrying round underneath then lifting the floor to get at them. With a hatch at least you can get some bait in.

You can get floor access panels where the "door" can be covered with laminate so all your will see is a metal frame

Matt_H and KIAB like this.