Laser Levels

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Joe95, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

My Stanley laser level decided to break today.

I'm looking for a new one. Ideally under £200, and something that would survive the odd knock and drop.

Cheers guys.

Everything around here has decided to break lately. I've had my Belle Mixer and Henry Hoover go last month too:mad:. The mixer has a broken motor, which is a joke considering it's hardly ever used, and has never been overloaded or abused.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Had the same last month, one thing after another decided to break, spirit level, not one but two level,the bubbles went awol, sander died, & several other things died, expensive month.

Laser level for outdoor or indoor work.

Joe95 likes this.
  3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Bought the Bosch GCL 2000 from our hosts last year on offer @£80, reduced to £99 from £149 and a £20 screwfix voucher. Works fine for my requirements. Just looked it up and it has been reduced but not as much as last year.

Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  4. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

How did the henry hover break?

Just replaced a PCB in Hetty, think its a known fault with the 2 speed versions.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It is.

6. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Replace a PCB in one James vacuum.

And the Hetty went. Kept on going low and almost switching off. Fitted a PCB about £19 and seems to have sorted it.

7. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Kiab, general indoor laser.

The old one used to mount on a normal camera tripod.

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Is the laser level for outdoor or indoor work.

9. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I haven't looked at it yet.

When I switch it on it begins to 'pulse', like it's trying to start but can't. I assumed it was the brushes.

Do you know if this is a common fault over a time span? Mine was made in 2012 if that helps.

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Joe95 likes this.
  11. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

That's exactly what was happening to my one, pulse was the correct term. A replacement PCB solved the issue.

Joe95 likes this.
  12. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Thanks Astra and Kiab. I think I'll do some digging, I like the look of both those models.

Bosch it is though:).

Thanks Jit for sharing that, I didn't realise there even was a PCB in the hoover. All I know is the older ones were much better:).

I'll do some digging on that too.

13. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I looked at the Bosch GLL 3X and the GCL 2000. I went for the latter, it felt more 'solid' than the GLL.

Throws a much brighter line than my old one too, easy to see in daylight.

Jit, I ordered a PCB for Henry and changed it earlier, no joy. Think I'll try brushes next.