Lead flashing under upvc window

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Alex83, May 12, 2015.

1. Alex83

Alex83 Member

When you say it still looks a bodge would it fail building regulations? Or just not as good as led

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

3. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Active Member

It's never going to be as good as a lead flashing, weather or not it would pass building regs I don't know.

4. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

Think he's thought outside the box, because of where the window is , shouldn't have been that high ?

5. Alex83

Alex83 Member

Sorry Gatt how do you mean?

6. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

I was thinking the original plans Alex . Would have been better, if the roofline was bit lower down the building . Then the roofer, could have fixed the lead into the mortar line , then dressed down , and sealed. Don't think , he could do that , because of the window.

7. Alex83

Alex83 Member

I see so all in all given the design of the house not a bad job then?

8. Gatt

Gatt Active Member

Think the roofer's done the best he could Alex , the only thing I would worry about is , the water coming down the window, usually small hole's on frame to let water out onto cill . Should be fine if their not , covered by the felt .

9. Alex83

Alex83 Member

Teq
    Ye
    yea that was my concern they are old upvc windows but he has felted over the sill so hopefully it won't cause a issue :(