Led lights flickering

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Meagles, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Meagles

Meagles New Member

Hi, hoping someone can help me. I've removed two old wall lights, halogens, and replaced them with Phillips leds with inbuilt drivers.

Whatever I do there is always one that flickers. They're on a two way switch with a switch on landing and one downstairs. I've recently changed the switches to new Schneider ones.

When fitted together one is strong, one dim name flickering. I've attached a pic of the one set of wiring that I'm trying to fit the one light to.

Was wondering/hopeful someone might know what I've done and could tell me what I'd define wrong/that I'd done something obvious and stupid.

Much appreciated for any advice. Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

Are the wall lights meant to come on together if yes then the single black which should be a switch live should be wired in the same block as the single red which i assume goes to other wall light, then connect your light to neutrals and red and black in block but this is all guess work without actually testing them

3. Meagles

Meagles New Member

Amazing. I've just done it and it works perfectly. Thank you very much- hugely appreciated and means I have got rid of a nagging wife. Genuine thinks. Was driving me mad to what I'd done. Top man

4. Ah, the wonderful trust demonstrated by peeps who come on here :).

I'm pretty sure Meagles doesn't actually understand what each wire in that bundle does, but he happily joined a red to a black 'cos someone on here said so :D

Phil the Paver likes this.
  5. Meagles

Meagles New Member

And it worked??

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  6. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

I found a baseball bat good for getting rid of a nagging wife lol :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kind regards

TP&N and Meagles like this.