Lidl tools

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Speedy23, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Speedy23

Speedy23 New Member

2. Mattsa

Mattsa New Member

Wouldn't even buy food from Lidl let alone tools :p

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Lidl tools are ok, if you just want to use them occasionally and with a three year guarantee at least you know you will get your money back if it does fail in the short term

vivaro man likes this.
  4. vivaro man

vivaro man Active Member

Sospan is correct. Obviously they're not up to Robert Bosch or Milwaukee standards but then again if you only have occasional need then why not use Lidl? Far too much snobbery about tools imho. Mind you I lurve Mafell tools, I know, it's my age.

5. candoabitofmoststuff

candoabitofmoststuff Screwfix Select

The food's good as well!

6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Have a Lidl multi tool bought a few years back for £20. Still going strong albeit a bit noisy but came with a case, a few blades and has a decent length of flex on it. Can't fault it for the money. If it breaks, it's already paid for itself, if it gets knicked, I won't loose any sleep over it!
    I always try and buy decent tools, but sometimes as in this case, I popped in as it was local to where I was working at the time to get some snacks and thought that it would be useful for a couple of jobs the next day and has been going strong ever since :)

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have two of those and don't notice the difference between the Bosch one I have. I have one set up for cutting wood, one metal and the other as a detail sander.

CGN likes this.
  8. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Whilst I agree with the comments on the power tools,I really can't agree with your comment on the food. My wife works at ASDA,so gets 10% discount on all purchases, but we still shop for some items at Lidl,as they are cheaper & better quality. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It always amuses me when I am in Lidl/Aldi and you see staff members from Tesco, Asda etc. doing their shopping whilst wearing their branded work clothes .....

WillyEckerslike likes this.
  10. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Well,that says something,don't it? As an aside, my wife & I were in B&Poo looking for wallpaper. She was in her ASDA uniform when a woman approached her and asked where to find light-bulbs. :rolleyes::rolleyes: