life in the day of a plumber

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by tom.plum, Aug 4, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

started a new bathroom install today, I got the bathroom suite out ok then started stripping out the tiles when a few wasps started flying about, next thing I ripped a plasterboard down and thousands came from behind the false wall, you've never seen me move as fast as i did them,,,,,,,I ran down the stairs and got out side shouting to the householder "GET OUT FAST" he popped his head out of the kitchen and asked whats up lad? his eyes almost popping out of thier sockets as It became clear there was a a wasps nest somewhere and the whole house was buzzin'
    not the first time a plumbers been stung doin' a bathroom refit,

:(

FatHands likes this.
  2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Blimey Tom, that was a lucky escape! You going back as soon as they've had that sorted?

3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

yea fats, apparently the pest control are on their way now, and if they want water on tonight I'll need to make some temporary connections, ;)

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Last year at work, we had wasps nesting in the cavity wall. The bluggers were getting in at the side of a window frame. Whilst I was off for a weeks holiday, someone had the great idea to block the entrance with some silicon sealant. Yep instead of finding another exit to the outside of the building, they found their way to the inside. Guess what the staff did????? Moved a resident out of that room and locked it shut till I got back. Grrrrrr, dunno why they thought I'd want to go into a room full of wasps. :eek::eek::eek:

5. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

job done,,, 2 blokes tuned up in space suites and a kin big hoover, sucked um all up in a few mins then took the nest out spayed some stuff about to deter any stragglers then left, I went in got the water back on, end of just another day in the life of a plumber a unstunk hero :oops:

6. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Works buzzing then Tom.:)
    Couple of weeks ago I bunged a tank in a loft and there were a couple of wasps flying about,but didn't think much of it.So of goes plumberboy to do the valve replacements and a bit of a chat,tea and biscuits then more work and more chat,went back up to the loft and loads of them flying about,the SAS would of been proud of the way I moved round that loft to get my bungs back out.:p

7. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

We used to have wasps nearly every year at our last house. Had them in the loft, in the cavity wall, in the eaves and the garage.

8. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

always the case when you get bizzy there's always something to set your schedule off balance, i needed to be elsewhere tomorrow but i've had to rearrange stuff, you can almost hear them thinking over the phone " that bloody lying plumber again" :rolleyes:

9. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

He's just sitting in his greenhouse again.:)

10. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Playing "The flight of the bumblebee's"