Light switch for wc

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by DMaxwell, Mar 30, 2015.

1. DMaxwell

DMaxwell New Member

I have recently redecorated my wc which is located underneath my stairs. I have tiled all the walls and replaced the light with a spotlight (see photograph) which was operated with a cord pull. However, the mechanism of the light is located on a slopped ceiling within the wc and when the cord pull was used to turn the light on/ off it became weak and has now broken. Ideally I would like to keep the spotlight in the wc but was wondering if anyone knew if I could replace the cord pull type of light for a switch?

Attached Files:

2. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

not sure what you want to do,broken pullcord switch, just replce it, they do break , like anything else.

3. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

There are no zones in a WC room so you can either replace the pull switch with a new one or fit a normal switch. As it's on the sloping ceiling i'd guess it's not very high so maybe you could put a normal plate switch in the same location where the pull switch is now.

4. DMaxwell

DMaxwell New Member

The pull cord switch has been replaced numerous times as it keeps breaking with it being located on the sloped ceiling. The sloped ceiling it not particularly high and I just wanted to know if there was a particular type of switch I should be looking for or would a standard switch suffice?

5. seneca

seneca Screwfix Select

If it's within easy reach just fit a normal switch.

6. camels toe

camels toe Member

You could try something like this http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Occupancy-S...or-Microwave-/230868286333?varId=530091404598

No neutral required.

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

I'm sure you can get angle pull-cord switches!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

8. KIAB

KIAB Super Member