Link radiator flow and return for testing?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Bargain Bucket, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Bargain Bucket

Bargain Bucket Active Member

I'm in the process of remodelling our master bedroom. I have the rad removed and I'm about to put down the flooring. I want to check that the pipes aren't going to move/knock when the CH is warming up prior to fixing the flooring down. Am I ok just to link the flow and turn where the radiator is removed in order to do this test? Or is that a daft idea? If it is a sensible idea, I can't find any connectors to come off the TRV and lockshield so I can temporarily link them with plastic or copper.

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

If you've fitted it correctly, all will be fine :)

3. nigel willson

nigel willson Screwfix Select

You don't need to connect them together!

4. Bargain Bucket

But surely I need some kind of flow. The pipes ain't gonna see hot water otherwise.

5. The Teach

The Teach Screwfix Select

Just put the radiator back on the wall and do your test,the pipe link idea could give false results.

6. Bargain Bucket

I was hoping to avoid that as I'll have to take it off again after the tests. But you're right - it's the best way to do it and not much effort really. Thanks for making me see sense :)