Lintel

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Aaronrst, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Aaronrst

Aaronrst New Member

Hi I'm currently have a single story extension being built and will be having 3.6 meter bifold doors in the front of the extension.Looking for advice on which lintel will be best suited for above the doors :concrete,steel etc,All the lintel will be carrying is 3 course of concrete blocks and 3 course of thermal blocks, Thanks for any help Aaron

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

If you are having it built, doesn't your builder know?

3. Aaronrst

Aaronrst New Member

Builder has said to ask my planning officer who is away until next week.The builder has advised on what he thinks I should use but wants me to double check and I have a day off tomorrow so wanted to start getting some prices.

4. Aaronrst

Aaronrst New Member

And originally we was only having a set of french doors where a concrete lintel was fine just not sure if the span is now to big for concrete.

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

6. Aaronrst

Aaronrst New Member

Got one sorted that was perfect for the job but now thinking of adding 1 extra row of blocks plus coping so not sure if it's up to the job now :-/ will have to wait and see what they say.