List of BS numbers for fuses ,MCB's and RCD's

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by dnjr, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Removed 4

Removed 4 New Member

Oh, silly me.....

It's the edition for The Galapagos Archipelago and South Walthamstow.....

Marj x

2. dnjr

dnjr New Member

Hi M107

Thanks for the link, I'm not too good at this web lark. I cant see any BS numbers for MCB's etc. Any chance you could you post up a link or two that show the numbers to give me a start. Sorry to be dim .The penny seems to have dropped with everyone else

regards
    dnjr

3. russ295

russ295 New Member

BS Codes
    BS 3036 Re wireable Fuses
    BS 1361 Cartridge Fuses (Consumer Unit Type)
    BS 1363 Plug Top Fuses
    BS 88 Cartridge Fuses (General purpose)
    BS EN 60898 Miniature Circuit Breakers
    BS 3871 Miniature Circuit Breaker (Old Style)
    BS EN 60947 3 Main Isolators
    BS EN 61008 Main RCDs
    BS EN 61009 1 RCB0s
    BS 7288 RCD Sockets
    BS 1363 13A Plug Tops

have this if its any use

russ

4. M107

M107 New Member

Ok this is my last on this one.

dnjr unless your a first week student you should know what the BS (EN) designation of an mcb is, don't mean to sound harsh & I same as others on here dont mind giving anybody a helping hand,that said any individual wanting info or help does need to put some effort in themselves such as;
    Get hold of manufacturers catalouges they have all the info you need.
    Look for the print or moulded markings on old or new mcbs (not always visible granted) & take a photo if your so inclined.

The following link is a start for you (no it's not my site)
    http://www.khace.com/electrical/links/index.html

I'm not a grumpy old git honest, but I have listed the BS(EN) numbers in a previous post & given a link for pictures all you had to do was marry the two together. :)

5. dnjr

dnjr New Member

Hi M107
    Thanks for your trouble.
    Not a first week student but have come across a couple of very strange breakers in the past couple of weeks and wasted loads of time trying to confirm the BS numbers. ( manufacturers catalouges were no help,and no numbers printed on them )
    Posting here was my last shot after digging around on the web myself but as I hinted at before navigating around the web is not very high on my list of talents. Thats why I struggled a bit on the link you gave earlier
    Will know better next time
    dnjr

6. M107

M107 New Member

Oh sorry didn't want to offend & dont be put off asking questions here, but others do sometimes post wanting everything on a plate without doing any work themselves.
    What make was the board, can you post any sort of pic's ?

Again never wanted to offend sorry if it came across or was taken that way.

7. dnjr

dnjr New Member

No offence taken I was just trying to explain that I had put in quite a bit of leg work before asking.
    The trouble was it was a board I had never seen before ( no brand name on it) I even took the breaker to the wholesaler and they could not identify it. In the end I just put it down as a 60898 , it was just not wanting to get caught out again that I was after a list with pictures.
    I appreciate your taking the time to help and will keep posting.
    regards
    dnjr