loft conversion ideas / drawing / scheme brain storm needed

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by taffer87, Apr 17, 2015.

1. taffer87

taffer87 New Member

Hi

I am converting my loft on a 3 bed ex council property in London. The architect has suggested some ideas and I wanted people's view on things.

One of the problems I have right now is that the current staircase is quite wide (930mm) and has a very gentle incline. This causes a slope in one of the bedrooms (top left).

What I have tasked the architect is to solve that problem as well as provide loft access.. at the minute there is a ladder access.

Please note it is a tunneled house with shared access so where the stairs come in from ground to first.. is the border on the ground floor but there is additional space to use on the 1st floor as can be seen in the drawings above the tunnel (which currently has ladder access but only 600mm). There is also the possibility of moving the ground floor stairs further to the right by maybe 30/40 mm.

Please feel free to suggest ideas for access.. and also what to do in the loft. One master + en suite or two beds + washroom. At the minute the washroom in the loft is not technically en suite but I am thinking i will have double doors so it is an en suite + access from landing so also a general bathroom. That door could be locked to make it en suite etc. Is it a good idea?

Attached Files: