looking for 2 Gang Dual Surface Moulded backbox

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by xnoddyx, Apr 22, 2014.

1. xnoddyx

xnoddyx New Member

Hello I am looking for a 2 Gang Dual Surface Moulded backbox I have found a Galvanised Steel Dual 35mm 48234 and also a Dual Dry Lining Box 22772 but not one Surface like this one http://www.sparksdirect.co.uk/2-Gan...ET-Ultimate-White-Moulded-GU9D25#.U1aAU0lwaHs

do you have any like this in stock if you do can you post the Product Code or url to it as I need it for
    LAP USB Charger Grid Module White
    Product Code: 69526
    LAP 1-Gang Front Plate with Double Module Aperture White
    Product Code: 42092
    LAP 13A Switched Fused Connection Unit with Neon White
    Product Code: 79474

any help on this will be good thank you J.McCabe

2. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

https://www.google.co.uk/#newwindow=1&q=+2+Gang+Dual+Surface+Moulded+backbox

3. xnoddyx

xnoddyx New Member

4. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

I dunno if Screwfix stock them, or will stock them Nod tbqh..they would probably do you a deal on a consignment of say 1000 units specifically ordered for you on a one off basis - av a word with your local Screwfix manager and see if you can haggle a price/negotiate a deal..:)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

6. Peter, sorry to be picky but you are, presumably, representing Screwfix so I must point out that a duel is what I feel like challenging your counter staff to when I go in for an urgent everyday item only to be told that it is out of stock but that they can get it for me tomorrow. A dual surface box, however, contains two single outlets. Hope this helps with your future product searches.

malkie129 likes this.
  7. PJ Wales

PJ Wales Member

NoOhm, if you reads his comment carefully you see he stated screwfix does not supply them however in his search there is drylined dual 2 gang box.

The OP want a surface mount, so thus he have to go elsewhere to buy the dual 2 gang surface box he wants.

8. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

NoOhm is commenting on the use of "duel" as opposed to "dual". Some of us took O-level English. ;)

9. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I don't understand why he opens up a thread asking for a dual surface box and then links to one. :) Can't find one like this. Bloody strange if you ask me. In fact there is no such thing as a two-gang dual box its just a dual single box, ie a box with two single-gang boxes side-by-side in one unit. It would be just as easy to use two single-gang boxes and mount them side-by-side. :confused:

10. xnoddyx

xnoddyx New Member

I don't understand why you don't understand why
    but to the why I have been shopping with screwfix from 1998 and want it from them not from a place i have never bought a item from before.

as to
    "In fact there is no such thing as a two-gang dual box its just a dual single box, ie a box with two single-gang boxes side-by-side in one unit."

yes it is a dual 1 gang box but if you look around at websites that list this item most list it as a Surface Dual Box 2 Gang even here and link in my OP http://www.lightupuk.co.uk/switches...gang-38mm-k2025whi?pk_campaign=GoogleShopping
    lists it as a Surface Dual Box 2 Gang from MK and if you look at the MK listing for it MOUNTING TWO X 1 GANG
    http://www.mkelectric.com/en-gb/Pro.../mouldedboxes/dualbox38mm/Pages/K2025WHI.aspx

and using two single-gang boxes and mount them side-by-side is not what I want.

thanks Peter but I have seen them and not what I am looking for as most of the walls in this house are concrete.

11. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Better? You turn in to a right diva when your challenged. Go and eat a Snickers!

I would buy it from sparksdirect if I were you. Hint: Screwfix don't sell them.

12. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

:D

13. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Fit metal dual box onto t'wall with cables and stuff in oval - and then after pva'ing with a what 4 :1 mix, bond out whole wall to a what 40mm depth (use 40mm runners and pull derby off of them) and then pva again with a 4:1 and while still wet - ''whip on a skim''..you can buy the metal dual's from Screwfix.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: