looking forward to screwfix live tomorrow,

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by tom.plum, Sep 12, 2014.

1. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

going to look for a cordless driver, i've had my makita about eight years and its still a good driver but the batteries are not holding a charge like they used to, So with a £10 voucher in hand and a challange to everysalesman, Who's gonna tempt the £20 note out of my wallet that i got for Christmas, :)

2. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

3. plumberboy

plumberboy Well-Known Member

Keep us informed of your day out Tom,and don't blow all your pocket money at once.;)

4. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

See you at the hub tomorrow. I shall give you the tour.

There are some great bargains at Screwfix Live.

Peter

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Wish I was going Tomp and Peter, but have a great day anyrode.. PS Tompus ,if ya win any of them prizes our hosts have put up on't free raffle,,, remember yer owd mate JJ1. ;););)

6. screwfix.peter

It was great seeing you Tom

If any other members are heading to Screwfix Live, pop to the hub and say hello.

Peter

7. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

It was great meeting you too Peter, thanks for the coffee and tokens I enjoyed our little chat, :)

screwfix.peter likes this.
  8. plumberboy

So Tom what goodies did you buy?

9. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

Well PB I went for a battery screwdriver, I saw the makita triple pack, drill impact driver and torch priced at £135, catalogue price is £199 so thats already a bargain but they throw in a accessories pack worth £30, then you get a £10 discount with the admit ticket so its a super duper bargain but before i sealed the deal I had a look at dewalt and saw some good bargains there and Boshe are doing good stuff too, ebraure are doing a twin pack @ £99, thats the same as the catalogue price but they're throwing a circular saw free, so i walked about humming and ayeing for a while and went for my first choice, the makita triple pack, I'm made up with it, I entered the draw too, plus I won a leccy screwdriver on a spin of the wheel and screwfix give you a bob hat on enterance,
    well worth the journey, thanks to all at screwfix :)

10. plumberboy

Sounds like you done very well there Tom.;)You can't beat a bargain,glad you had a good day Tom.;)

11. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Aww, Tomp, mekkin me jealous. Wish I'd been able to go. Maybe next time. ;);)

12. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

the drill and driver are amazing much smaller and lighter than my old driver but just as powerfull, whether they'll last as long is yet to be discovered but I'm sure they might, unless some barsteward nicks um, which is always a worry when you take a shiney new tool on a job,

13. screwfix.peter

I got a tom plum pen. Whoo whoo

Peter

14. plumberboy

There's always some tea leaf ready to take your tools off your hands when your not looking Tom.:(Its a sad world when someone wants too steal your tools.

15. plumberboy

Does it work though Peter.:)

16. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Looks like someone's nicked his pen as well!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

17. plumberboy

lol.:p:D:p

18. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

naw, Peter did't nick my pen, I gave it him cos he's a top guy, less than 50 people in the world have a tomplum pen, cos thats how many i had made and i've a few left, :oops:

19. plumberboy

You can send me one then Tom and I'll send you one of my fridge magnets.:)

20. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

ok PB I'll send you one and one of my fridge magnets too,

screwfix Peter can you give me PB's email or give him mine and i'll sort it, ;)