Looking to remove my half of a shared chimney stack (pictures included)

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by SamH122, Aug 25, 2015.

1. rd1

rd1 Member

I was in a car park recently when visiting the Bronte Museum in Haworth and saw the same type of roof line. I just took this snip from street view and actually the more I look at it the more I am impressed with the method of build, although the add on dormers just don't look right to me .

Attached Files:

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Well, I've never seen anything like that in all my years, not intentional anyway. :D:D

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You say you are redoing the whole house from scratch and you are going to have to have scaffold put up and the roof partially redone after the stack is removed anyway so why not spend the little bit extra to have all the roof done.
    That's if next doors isn't falling over. :)

4. Do next door use there stack ?if not would they let you remove it all ?? it would be quicker and cheaper i would think.

elhouse likes this.
  5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I think the OP has buggered off upvc.

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Crazy isn't it. Dodgy stacks and lose tiles. You just know one gust of wind in the right (or wrong) direction could be expensive if not dangerous. The scaffolding is up much as you can including facias, guttering etc.