Macerator waste disposal.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Diydan, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Diydan

Diydan New Member

Hi guys.

New to this and looking for some info about drainage. I'm getting a summerhouse built for my partner to turn in to a hair and nail salon.

The problem is I'm looking to put in a toilet and sink plus a backwash for her washing hair in. I'll be running it all through a macerator since running it on flat ground is the easiest option. Only I can't get to the toilet waste pipes so can this be run in after the kitchen waste pipe at all?

Thanks a lot.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Macerators avoid at all cost, they are nothing but trouble.
    Kids,females,etc put things down them that they shouldn't, they then become blocked & it's not a pretty sight,I 've seen the mess come up through the bath,basin, & ground floor room ankle deep in mess.

3. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

You dont want a macerator if your going to be using water that has washed hair in it. It will be clogged up in no time. your best be if your having this built would be to go the whole hog and have the soils dug and connected to your main drains.
    Remember if you only want to do a job once then you need to do it right.

4. just pumps

just pumps Screwfix Select

You need the lift to get the distance.