Makita GA9020KD OR Bosch GWS 22-230H

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by CKP, Mar 1, 2014.

1. CKP

CKP New Member

So I want to buy a new 9" angle grinder but undecided about either the Makita GA9020KDor the Bosch GWS22-230H. I was after some opinions. I know they are good pieces of kit in their own right but one must come out on top. I like the fact that the Makita comes with a case but I think the Bosch might be better.

I can get the Makita for £112 and the Bosch for £96 with a half decent diamond blade.

2. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

The best angle grinder I've had is a hitachi (don't know which, the labels worn) but it's out lived any grinder I've ever had.

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Do you know what, when reading the above post I was thinking neither, get a Hitachi, I get through angle grinders like nobody business laying Block Paving, over the 25 years of laying them, Hitachi grinders are by far the best I have bought, ironically one of the worst was Dewalt absulte rubbish didn't last a month, if you are dead set one one of your choices then go Mikita, I have used these aswell and found them to be very good, but not as good as Hitachi.

4. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

5. Phil the Paver

6. Phil the Paver

7. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

8. CKP

CKP New Member

9. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

That's the same one as you get in the twin pack, for the same price. It's upto you whether you prefer a case or a 4 inch grinder. I'd go for the twin pack. I don't do cases. Mines never been in a case.

10. Phil the Paver

Every time I've bought a new Hitachi, it has always come in a moulded case like the one in the listing above.

11. BuilderMCR

BuilderMCR Active Member

My sister and mum are both managers at B&Q so I got mine for £5 ex display lol

Phil the Paver likes this.