Makita gn900

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by 2dowhat, Jun 7, 2014.

1. 2dowhat

2dowhat Member

All of a sudden my nail gun is not functioning. When I push the tip up against the tip, nothing occurs, the motor doesn't start. I've taken the head off, put the battery in and pressed the micro-switch which results in the motor starting. Lift the micro-switch up, the motor runs on for a while. Repeated this Several times before reassembling the gun only to find it's as before, not working. It's as though the bit that slides and makes contact with the switch isn't reaching it. Nothing is bent or misaligned, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

2. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

gas ?

3. 2dowhat

2dowhat Member

Have new tins of gas and even if they were empty, this wouldn't explain why the motor doesn't turn when the jaw is pushed against the timber.

4. Sean_ork

Sean_ork Screwfix Select

that's exactly the behaviour I get with the Paslodes when out of gas, they'll cycle twice, then stop trying after the third push - they are a few years old but that's how we know they are out of gas

5. 2dowhat

2dowhat Member

I wish it were as simple as that but it doesn't cycle at all unless I disassemble it. I'll speak to makita tomorrow and see if they have a suggestion other than 'send it to us'.

Thanks.

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

When you've got it apart, does the microswitch still work if you push it harder.
    I'm thinking loose solder joint, where when pushed harder breaks the contact!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really