makita sp6000 sound when starting

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by inyaki, Dec 3, 2016.

1. inyaki

inyaki New Member

Hello,
    I have just got my first plunge saw. It is a makita sp6000 as I have read very good things about it.

I have already conected but not test it as I found it make a sort of grinding grumbling noise when starting before up to speed (I guest due to the soft start?). It makes the same kind of sound when changing the speed.
    I have no experience with this kind of saws so I do not if it might be "normal" or not but it sounds ot that good to my ears.....

I would apreciate if anyone who owns this model could share his experience as I am doubing to return it or not......

I have update a video showing that noise here:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60008198/makita sp6000j sound.mp4

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't sound healthy.:eek:

Listen to this one & compare.:)

4. inyaki

inyaki New Member

Cheers!
    In the minute 4.42 sounds similar to mine.......

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Has all that needs to be tightened/locked been done?

6. inyaki

inyaki New Member

I have no experience with this kind of saws. I have just checked that the blade was correctelly placed and tight before I start it. In a new saw, is there anything else to light/lock? (we are only talking about the saw. Not the rail...)

7. mafalus

mafalus Member

I have the exact same saw and the sound is the same as mine. I have had the saw several moths and used it a fair amount of times and have not had any issues with the saw.

Eek likes this.
  8. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

I have the Festool track saw. Again it's not a very pleasant sound when you start it up. You just get used to it.

9. inyaki

inyaki New Member

Thank you all for your comments!
    I really apreciate it!!!