Megaflo hot water pressure

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Gurindar jheeta, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Gurindar jheeta

Gurindar jheeta New Member

hi all,

First post as I'm at my wits end and my plumber hasn't showed up.

I have an unvented system (megaflo). The pressure to the hot water everywhere in the house has no pressure. It will come out for a few seconds the basically stop to a drip. However, there are two bathroom taps (they come out of the wall so no isolation valves), that if I turn them on by mixing hot and cold (in the middle of these single mixer), pressure will return to the other taps and shower heads - still no hot water though, although I've turned on the programmer and immersion heater just to see if any hot water comes out.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. kiaora

kiaora Guest

Hi
    Just a stab in the dark, but....

Is the valve in the airing cupboard been closed? Maybe laundry packed in?

Just a wild guess?

Regards
    Peter

3. Gurindar jheeta

Just had a plumber over and he tired to empty the tank using a hose pipe. He couldn't. Tap the pipes with a spanner and out came a load of lime scale. He seems to think the bottom of the tank is full with lime scale and will need to "vacuum" it out. Coming back tomorrow to do the job. It seems the newly fitted water softener has dislodged all the built up lime scale and caused it to block the tank. Will see tomorrow.

4. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Give the pressure release valve on the cylinder a good discharge run (this often cures it).

After they have been drained down unvented cylinders sometimes air-lock themselves upon re-fill.

Good luck.

5. Gurindar jheeta

Thanks for the reply. My plumbing knowledge and skills are not quite up to standard so I don't know what the pressure release valve is.

The plumber tried to drain the tank yesterday using a hose pipe but the water only dribbled out and then came to a stop. That's when he found the limescale.

I'll ask him to look at that today.