Metabo torch bulb (OK, "lamp" then).

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by seylectric, Mar 11, 2005.

1. seylectric

seylectric New Member

The torch is the new model, comes in a kit with the Metabo powergrip screwdriver. Good torch too.

But the bulb's gone and ProTrade want £6.99 + VAT + delivery for a replacement. Bulb is marked Osram 5.2V 0.5A W148, I think - hard to read.

Gotta be one cheaper somewhere? No joy at Maplin's, not checked for an Osram site yet...

2. Hitch.

Hitch. New Member

£2.99 from RS + vat + deliv.

[Edited by: admin 2]

3. diymostthings

diymostthings Well-Known Member

CPC are bound to have it - and are usually substantially cheaper than RS. Maplin have gone right off for components these days.

4. ban-all-sheds

ban-all-sheds New Member

I do wish people would stop posting session-specific URLs from RS - they don't work for anybody else.

Just post the RS stock code instead.

And if you don't have an account, don't pay for delivery - go and collect from their nearest trade counter. You can still order via the website to ensure it's in stock.

5. seylectric

seylectric New Member

Thanks, chaps. Your efforts are as always appreciated.

The trouble with living in a small town is it is always a problem trying to get stuff like this. The recently opened Maplins didn't stock it and I couldn't find the item on CPC but RS do have it. My nearest branch is south Manchester, 50 miles away but I know exactly where they are and I do get over that way from time to time so picking a couple up isn't a problem really.

OK I'm not saving 100's of £££ but less than half the price is worth a little effort, I just hate being overcharged.